Topic: Program svBuilder will not open

The program itself will not run on my computer. I have installed adobe air, uninstalled and reinstalled both programs. I am running windows XP. Thanks!

Re: Program svBuilder will not open

Ensure that you are have the most recent versions of both Adobe AIR (v3.5) and svBuilder (v2.3.1).
The latest version of Adobe AIR can be downloaded from this web page.
Instructions for upgrading svBuilder can be found on this web page.

Before reinstalling svBuilder, check that you have first uninstalled any previous versions via the Control Panel's 'Add/Remove Programs' section and also, manually delete the following folder (if it exists):
C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Application Data\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder

Try installing Adobe AIR by right-clicking the installation file and and selecting 'Run as administrator' (rather than just double-clicking the file).
Then procees to install svBuilder by following the instructions here.

If you continue to experience difficulties, take a look at the Troubleshoot AIR installation | Windows page to see if any of the suggestions there help.

If none of the above suggestions help, please post back and describe in greater details what the problem is, e.g. is the problem in installing or actually running the program, how far into the installation process you get and are any error messages displayed on-screen (if so, what do they say?).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.