Topic: SimpleViewer problems with Firefox on windows 7

I have come across a strange problem when trying to view a SimpleViewer gallery with Firefox 18.0.1 running on windows7. When I try to view a gallery (on different websites, not only the site that I set up: http://www.toepferei-schroeder.de/html/galerie.html), I get the error message "gallery xml not found". The same galleries open without any problems  in IE9 or Chrome.

The really strange part is that I can view these galleries with Firefox 18.0.1 on a different computer running on windows XP roll

Does anybody have an idea?

Thomas

Re: SimpleViewer problems with Firefox on windows 7

I have viewed your gallery (and many others) in Firefox 18.0.1 on a Windows 7 system and your gallery displays correctly (both the Flash and Mobile player versions).
Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the galleries to ensure that your browser is not hanging onto and using older versions of the gallery files.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for your response.

I cleared the cache but the same problem still exists

Perhaps you have an add-on or extension which is somehow interfering with your Juicebox gallery.
Try temporarily disabling all your Firefox plugins to see if this makes a difference.
If it does, re-enable each plugin one at a time until you find the cause of the problem.

Also, I notice that there are HTML errors on your web page which should be fixed.
You can check your page's code with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix the errors reported. This is not likely to be the cause of the problem that you have reported but once your page's code validates correctly, it should be rendered with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.