Topic: WP-Simpleviewer Auto Resizing

I am using the latest version of WP-Simpleveiwer as well as the most up to date version of Simpleviewer Pro.

In the latest simpleviewer I noticed that image galleries appear to resize as the browser window size is changed (the same way a responsive theme would).

However, this is not working in my galleries. I assume this behavior is also designed to make the galleries mobile friendly.  When I view the galleries on my site through mobile devices, the images show as a grid of photos on a white background.

I am feeding the galleries through Flickr, so not sure if that is a factor.

Are there specific settings that need to be changed to enable the gallery to change size automatically?  And is there a way to control the background color for mobile presentation?

This is a sample page on my site containing a gallery: http://www.blackpawphoto.com/marriage-p … ow-bridge/

Thanks folks!

Re: WP-Simpleviewer Auto Resizing

Are there specific settings that need to be changed to enable the gallery to change size automatically?

In order for a gallery to resize dynamically with the size of the user's browser window, the dimensions of the gallery itself and all parent containers of the gallery must be expressed as percentages. If there is an absolute pixel value anywhere up the chain, the gallery will become a fixed size, e.g. 100% x 100% x 800px = 800px.
This may be difficult to achieve within a WordPress environment and will be highly dependent on the theme that you use.

And is there a way to control the background color for mobile presentation?

The Background Color configuration option is used for both the Flash Player and the Mobile Player.
The inconsistent background color in your own gallery's Mobile Player version looks to be due to a conflict between the CSS of your WordPress page and the SimpleViewer gallery itself. There seems to be a lot of generalized CSS rules on your WordPress page which apply globally to many elements on the page, some of which are inherited by the gallery.
If possible, try to apply CSS rules only to those elements which require them through use of ids and classes.
The next best thing might be to try to find the source of the CSS and to remove the generalized CSS rules to see if this makes a difference.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.