Topic: Default Path from web root

Hi Pros ,

I have installed the latest SvManager  and I'd try to change the default  Path from web root  without succes , I know I can use the radio Button to change the relative /absolute path for the image  but every time I pubblish a gallery I have to remember to change it manually  and also I want to store the g1,g2,g3, ecc ecc to another folder  ....so I would like to set instead of svmanager/g1 I would like to use svmanager/mygallery/g1

I hope some one can advice
THX

Re: Default Path from web root

I Am doing something WRONG ??????? I follwed also this  part of the Support documentation , change the path from relative to absolute gallery/newgallery/ but seems not working , every time I create a new gallery the Path go back to svmanager/g1, g2, g3 g4, g5, g6 .....

Customize screen advanced settings

Click on the advanced tab at the bottom of the customize screen to reveal the advanced settings. Most people will not need to use these. The advanced settings contain some powerful features; you are advised to back-up your gallery before using the advanced options.

Path from web root

The path from web root is the address of your gallery relative to the web root. If the web address of your gallery is http://www.mysite.com/svmanager/g1/ then the path from the web root is /svmanager/g1/

The path can be changed to give your gallery a new folder name or even move it to another folder on the server.

You are advised to backup your gallery before moving it.

Changing the gallery folder name

The last part of the path from the web root is the gallery folder name, that is the name of the folder or directory containing your gallery. The gallery folders are initially named g1, g2 etc. You can change the gallery folder name in the advanced settings as long as you observe two rules:

The new gallery folder must either not exist or the folder may exist and be empty.
The new gallery name must contain only alphabetical characters, numbers, underscore ‘_’ and hyphen ’-’.
Example: you can change /svmanager/g1/ to /svmanager/sporting-shots/

Changing the gallery folder name has no effect on the gallery title that shows when you view your gallery in SimpleViewer.

:-(  I dont know so much about coding ..so please

any one can point me in the right direction???

THX

Last edited by stefanoste (2013-02-01 14:59:56)

instead of svmanager/g1 I would like to use svmanager/mygallery/g1

It's not possible to change the default path for new galleries but there is a workaround.

Edit the file svmanager/includes/constants.php using a text editor and find this line:

define('GALLERY_PREFIX', 'g');

Change this to:

define('GALLERY_PREFIX', 'mygallery/g');

Save the file and create a new gallery.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hello Jack ,

thank you for your  reply the solution you provide me fit my needs , one more question :

it is possible append by default  index.php or viewer.swf at the end of the Address bar ??? instead to have the address bar :

www.mywebsite/gallery/g1  to  www.mywebsite/gallery/g1/index.php or www.mywebsite/gallery/g1/viewer.swf  ???

And It is possible to automatically print in the view page the embed code of the gallery ( doing so users can easily copy and past the link for sharing) like  small text box that show :

<iframe src="www.mywebsite/gallery/g1/index.php" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I sorry to all  the readers , maybe are basic and stupid  questions , but I am not a programmer either a webmaster ... I really appreciiate your help to solve my problem

On most web servers this is the same thing. Both addresses go to the same page.

And It is possible to automatically print in the view page the embed code of the gallery

You cannot do this in svManager. You will need to add the html code to the index.php page.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

ok...thx I will search to see how to make it