Topic: Simpleviewer Pro, Wordpress and Iphones / ipads

I love simpleviewer gallery viewed on desktops/laptops  - and thanks for your help in the past.

However on iphones / ipads , using the iframe within my woothemes canvas theme , all I'm seeing is a line of thumbnails (okay which do open up but my images on an ipad are enlarged too much and the resolution suffers)

Since an important number of people are now using those to view - is this line of thumbnails the best i can get on these devices because I want my gallery to look stylish on mobiles/tablets as well.

If so (and I know this isn't strictly a simpleviewer issue but I appreciate your expertise) is there any way that a mobile device can be redirected to a different page which uses a gallery that looks stylish on mobiles (So I'd have to create two different galleries for the same page) or is there a more sensible approach.

I'm new to creating websites that adapt to mobiles so please be gentle with me.

many thanks

Re: Simpleviewer Pro, Wordpress and Iphones / ipads

Please see these FAQs:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

For a more configurable gallery on mobile devices, you might like to take a look at another one of our products: Juicebox.
For more information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox, please see this SimpleViewer news article.
The full list of Juicebox-Pro configuration options can be found here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for your reply and I had guessed that - and was looking at the line of thumbnails on both a mobile and ipad.

But since mobiles/ipads etc can only see that simpleviewer line of thumbnail format, is there a way of directing mobiles to a duplicate page where i've used a different gallery (which i'd find) which works better with mobiles.

I don't want to change from simpleviewer for laptops/desktops - just smaller screened devices (using @media).

But since mobiles/ipads etc can only see that simpleviewer line of thumbnail format

You could choose to initially display the first image in the gallery rather than the thumbnail grid by setting mobileShowThumbs="FALSE" in your gallery's XML file.
If using svBuilder-Pro to create or edit your gallery, this configuration option can be found in the 'Customize -> Mobile' section.
A full list of configuration options available to the Mobile Player can be found here.

is there a way of directing mobiles to a duplicate page where i've used a different gallery (which i'd find) which works better with mobiles.

It is neither recommended nor officially supported to intercept SimpleViewer's Adobe Flash Player detection routine and redirect the user away from the Mobile Player version of the gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.