Topic: Is it possible add Dir on svmanager?

Hi all , 

every time I have to preview the image  to understand the dir of the gallery to embed ( I post my gallery on different sites) so I was wondering if is possible add the Dir  on the svManager ....I been searching bit around but I couldn't find solution ( maybe because I dont know so much about coding ) I am sure will be also useful to other Newbie

PLEASE SEE THE LINK BELO TO SEE WHAT I MEAN

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/cz5xj

Please someone can advice ???

Thx

Re: Is it possible add Dir on svmanager?

Right-click the 'View' action corresponding to the gallery whose URL you would like to discover and select 'Copy Link Location' from the right-click menu options. This will copy the gallery's absolute URL to your computer's clipboard.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven ,  thank you  for your reply but  your advice is workaround to my question , not the solution ...ohhhhh i just notice you are adminstrator ....

Last edited by stefanoste (2013-02-09 07:11:58)

If you want to modify svManager to display the gallery URLs in a new column, try the following.

Open the 'svmanager/classes/galleriespage.php' in a plain text editor.
Add the following code on line 146 (immediately before the </tr> line):

<th>Dir</th>

Also, add the following code on line 197 (immediately before the </tr>'; line):

<td>'.$galleryUrl.'</td>

Now save the file and re-upload it to its original location on your web server.

Please note that the line numbers refer to svManager v1.8.5.

Steven Speirs

Thank you so much ....works like a charm, I am sure many will find this add-on very useful

Would also be interesting  have a small thumb on the same  page , do you think it could be possible?

I wondering the same thumb image of the index page , maybe  smaller ........not necessarily in the same position of the attached link

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/eur12

Last edited by stefanoste (2013-02-15 09:49:15)

Hey Steven ,

can you please advice ??

I'm trying to get the thumb from the "SORT SECTION " but is not working :-(

Last edited by stefanoste (2013-02-16 08:20:52)

Although it seems like a fairly simple request, the solution may be rather complex.
There does not seem to be an existing function that can be reused to simply grab the path of the representing thumbnail for an individual gallery. Therefore, you would need to write such a function and call it before using the result within the 'Galleries' page.
You may find that you can reuse some of the code within the 'svmanager/classes/indexpage.php' file (which is used to generate the thumbnail images on the 'Index' page) but please note that modification of the source code to do things that svManager was not designed to do is not officially supported.

Steven Speirs