Topic: Newbie needs help!!

Just playing around at the moment.    when I build a gallery it greates three directories:
Images
Thumbs
svcore
...and also gallery.xml and index html files

Forgive my simple question!  What needs to be transferred to the server and what directory do they go into?  Can't see this anywhere!
Also....I see references to .swf - will the galleries display on ipads and iphones ok?

thanks

Re: Newbie needs help!!

What needs to be transferred to the server

It sounds like you are referring to svBuilder rather than svManager.
Everything within the gallery folder must be uploaded to your web server in order for the gallery to be displayed.

and what directory do they go into?

If you simply want to display the gallery on a page of its own, you can upload your gallery folder anywhere on your web server and then just open the gallery's 'index.html' file in a browser.
If you are embedding the gallery into an existing HTML page alongside other content and following the embedding instructions here, then you should copy the contents of the gallery folder into the same directory as the HTML page into which you are embedding the gallery.
Alternatively, you could use the baseURL method of embedding as documented here. In doing so, you can upload your complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to anywhere on your web server as long as you know where it is and that the two paths within the embedding code (the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and the baseURL itself) are correct.

Also....I see references to .swf - will the galleries display on ipads and iphones ok?

Yes. Please see the support section on Universal Playback for details.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ah right - thanks for that - getting there.....
I embedded teh code on the page and transferred directories/filesd to the html page on the server.
However...it doesn't display correctly (see http://www.libertybs.co.uk/flowerbox/ht … llery.html

I did specify the gallery size at 640x480 so am not sure what I have done wrong - gallery output seems much too wide for the page.

I did specify the gallery size at 640x480 so am not sure what I have done wrong - gallery output seems much too wide for the page.

Your gallery's dimensions are currently set to 100% x 100%:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true);

Either check that all parent containers of your gallery have widths and heights specified via CSS or try defining your gallery's dimensions as an absolute pixel values rather than as percentages, e.g.:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "640", "480", "222222", true);
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

ok...thanks - that did the trick.
Interestingly I also tried Juicebox and it worked fine without changing the 100% 100%!!!

thanks