Topic: Help with unavailable password

Hi. My photographer friend has asked my help as her designer/developer has gone AWOL with a nervous breakdown. My friend is calling her daily and leaving messages with no response. She hasn't responded in over 6 months. I am a web designer and developer and she has asked me to help try and update her website with more recent images. I can see, via FTP, that the developer has used SimpleViewer and SVManager version 1.2.2 build 080912. Unfortunately I can't access the Manager because I don't have the password (although I think I can see the username). I can't go through the steps of resetting the password because I don't have the original files the developer used.

Is there any way you are able to help us? My friend feels she is losing work because her site is not up-to-date with her latest images. I don't know if it is a Pro version although I don't think it is. I've never used SimpleViewer before and I'm not sure how it integrates with her website (although the documentation should help me). Is it possible to download a new copy to overwrite the previous one with a new username/password, without affecting how it's integrated into the live site?

Thanking you in advance

Re: Help with unavailable password

Unfortunately I can't access the Manager because I don't have the password (although I think I can see the username). I can't go through the steps of resetting the password because I don't have the original files the developer used.

The login password for an svManager installation can be changed by following the instructions here. (You will need FTP access to the svManager files to do this.)
Once you have successfully changed the password, you might like to upgrade your svManager installation by following the instructions here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.