Topic: Gallery not found

When I embed the viewer.swf in a page one level up from a folder containing my simpleviewer files, I get a 'Gallery not found' error message.

Neither of the previous 'Gallery not found' posts were of help.

Has anyone come across this issue?

Re: Gallery not found

So simpleviewer Pro will only work if the html page is on the same folder level as the Thumbs and Images folder?

:cry:

Can somebody PLEASEEEEE help?

I need to display 2 seperate galleries on the same page.  sad

Have you read the FAQ, that might help.

If you want to have your gallery images in a different folder than the default, use the imagePath and thumbPath XML options:
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … omize.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks - i figured it out last night before I saw the FAQs.
I found some actionscript in the Preloader that generated the gallery.xml and I changed this to gallery2.mxl for the second gallery.

It works  big_smile
Is that basically what I should have done?

yeap
gallery2.Xml

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks all. Panic over. Deadline met  big_smile

Thanks - i figured it out last night before I saw the FAQs.
I found some actionscript in the Preloader that generated the gallery.xml and I changed this to gallery2.mxl for the second gallery.

It works  big_smile
Is that basically what I should have done?

Hi there,

exactly that is what i need because i want to to work with multiple galleries. I recognized the possibility which is shown in the Simpleviewer Pro example, where each gallery has its own folder, but i dont want to have the html-files in different subfolders. I need to have the Simpleviewer files in the root.

So i searched for the declaration of the xml-path and found 1 entry in the fla:

//set default xmlPath
var xmlPath = "gallery.xml"
//get xml data Path from flashVars
if (_root.xmlDataPath != undefined){
    xmlPath = _root.xmlDataPath;
}

I changed this but if i want to republish the swf it tries to get gallery.xml again as before.

I dont know what i did wrong - maybe its a problem with the publishing.

As i wrote today in another topic in this forum (http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … php?t=2056)
i have some problems with republishing the swf.

Would really be nice if somebody can help me!

Thanks in advance,

Doolak

Hm - once again i found a solution by myself:

I dont have to change anything in the swf for changing the default xml-path.

As i found i the index.html in the "web"-folder of the Proversion, i just have to add the following to the html:

fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery2.xml");

Seems to work fine...

Nevertheless, i really would like to know how i can change something in the fla and the source of the swf, because maybe later i like to change some parameters like the framewith of the thumbs etc. For example i dont want to use the "Next picture" arrows. So i need to change the actionscript files and republish the swf.

But still that doesnt work. Can somebody tell me exactly how to change such parameters? Can i change something in the flas or do i have to change things in the actionscript-files?

Greetz,

Doolak

it all depends what you want to change. Most items are done dynamically, so you would alter the as files. basic arrow, dog ear etc can be changed in the library of the fla.
holler back if you have specific items to customize and don't find them in  a search.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!