Topic: Bad quality for bigger thumbs

Hello ,
I changed these values on Options file :
thumbnailWidth
thumbnailHeigth
to 150
but the problem is that the thumbs are in very bad quality now , what should change to resolve that ?
thank you

Re: Bad quality for bigger thumbs

You will need to recreate your thumbnail images to be 150x150 pixels, or they will be stretched up.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

YEs I create a new gallery to test but the thumbnails are created with bad quality . what can I do ?

To repeat Felix
You will need to make new images to be used for thumbs to fit into 150 x 150

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I don't understand . I changed height and width then I exported the new viewer.swf . And I cleared all the galeries . but the quality still bad . Thanks for your help . there's maybe something I don't know

resizing an image , will effect the quality. Sounds like you are using small images and resizing them to be bigger.
Using your original images, make copies in the thumb nail size and use those in the thumbs folder.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

okay thank you !!

Ok, i found this thread but I'm stuck.

I deleted ALL of my old small thumbs from pre 1.8 version.
Ran the php file again and it rebuilt my thumbs, but they are still super blurry. Aren't they being created from my larger files? My files are 700 max width..isn't that big enough for a decent thumb of 150x150?! :?:

I figured it out!

in the buildgallery.php change to 65 from 45

$outputX  = 65;
    $outputY  = 65;
    $quality  = 85;

then delete your thumbs and run the php again.
you have to delete cache, cookies etc to see the changes!

i'm happy now smile

a happy Keepsakegirl is a good thing smile

glad it is working!

Richard

Thanks!