Topic: Embedding SV into CMSimple

Hello,

I have a problem embedding the SV gallery into CMSimple.

Right now, testing locally, the directory structure looks like this :

-root
----2lang (CMsimple)
----CMSimple
----Content
----Galleries
-------Album1
---------Album1 SV
etc

I am trying to include the Album1 SV into the html page of CMSimple (www.cmsimple.dk).

the problem is : CMSimple has only one single html file (content.html) which is used to define content. The menu is automatically created by using

<h1>, <h2> and <h3>

tags respectively.

I am trying to embed the gallery into one of the <h2> tagged pages and after trying everything I found in forums, I decided to ask for your help.

I appreciate any help !

Thank you

Re: Embedding SV into CMSimple

i do understand that this is a free product but how on earth nobody has an idea about how I could embed it into a HTML file ?

I think the problem is nobody is familar with CMSimple.
The FAQ will answer your questions about how you could embed it into a HTML file

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I think the problem is rather one has found a way to embed SV into html and this is supposed to be the one rule and method.

but there is no real information about how to tell the script where to look for the xml files and the viewer, especially when there are multiple galleries.

having told that there is one html file which shall include many scripts under different headings which make up the navigation, this should not be a problem for an experienced user. I, myself, have tried all possible path variations as well as placing the js file in every directory found but it just does not work.

as to creating SV galleries using Porta, I should point out that the script again does not work. what I did then was to copy the code in Porta html file and place it into my own html, thus compromising the beloved system I would like to have. I can in this case no longer use my simple CMS system (mind you, I can't help my girlfriend everyday for changing content) and have to make about 25 different pages and link them all together which is rather discouraging (not that I can not do it, it's just nonsense when there is a reliable system which allows me to alter content on the fly).

So I would really appreciate it if somebody could help. I am givin the code down below of my html page.

[code]<html><head><title>Fotografie - Content-Datei</title><meta name="keywords" content="CMSimple, Content Management System, php">
<meta name="description" content="CMSimple is a simple content management system for smart maintainance of small commercial or private sites. It is simple - small - smart! It is Free Software licensed under AGPL">
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"><meta name="generator" content="CMSimple 2.6 - www.cmsimple.dk"><link rel="stylesheet" href="./templates/default/stylesheet.css" type="text/css"></head><body>
<h1>Home</h1>&#40;main navpoint1&#41;
<h1>Bilder</h1>&#40;main navpoint2&#41;
<h2>Auf dem Weg</h2> &#40;sub navpoint1&#41;
<h2>Licht</h2>&#40;sub navpoint2&#41;
<h2>Portraits</h2>&#40;sub navpoint3&#41;
<h2>Selbst</h2>&#40;sub navpoint4&#41;
<h2>Serien</h2>&#40;sub navpoint5&#41;
<h2>Tod</h2>&#40;sub navpoint6&#41;
<h1 style="display&#58;none">Kontakt</h1>&#40;main navpoint3&#41;
</body></html>[/code]

So I can add almost anything under one of these navigation points and the dynamic navigation takes me to this content. So far so good. Here is the directory structure :

[code]
|--root
|--content &#40;this is where the html given above is&#41;
|--galleries &#40;this is where the SV directories are&#41;
|--index.php &#40;which calls for the content html&#41;
[/code]

when I insert the script to call for viewer.swf, nothing happens. I tried all variations of pointing out the paths, viz ./, ../ etc. I tried to change the paths in xml files but it simply does not work.

I hope this message is not too long and also hope it will make things easier to understand, thus will make it possible for you to help me with this problem.

Thank you again.[/code]

I'm trying too, to insert a simpleviewer gallery inside hmtl page of menu using Cmsimple, but don't work. I've read a lot of posts but never found a solution... :arrow:  sad  do you solve this problem? any suggestions?

thanks Jonny