Topic: Creating Galleries with SV-Pro and iPhoto Export?

I used iPhoto Export to create galleries with Simpleviewer.  However, I am now trying to use Simpleviewer-Pro and can not get things to work.  I have read all threads and supporting documentation.

1)  Can galleries be created with iPhoto Export?
2)  Where do I put these galleries?
3)  I have republished the viewer.swf file but nothing changes?
4)  Which folders from the download should I be using and where do I place them?

I am obviously doing something incorrectly. Can someone please walk me through the order to create multiple galleries and then embedd them into my existing HTML page (Dreamweaver)?  This is fairly urgent!  Thank you.

Re: Creating Galleries with SV-Pro and iPhoto Export?

Check section 4 in the documentation: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … ation.html

Basically you need to publish your modified 'viewer.swf' and then copy it over   the swf in the template folder. After that galleries published with the template will use the new version of the swf.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Making limited progress.

I copied ALL of the downloaded folders into my folder (/gallery1).  Then I went into the .xml file and pasted the image titles and captions generated by Simpleviewer and iPhoto Export..........NOT Simpleviewer-Pro.

How do I add photos to this folder or to a new folder (i.e. /gallery2)?

Please clarify how I can generate an updated gallery and .xml file.

I have read all documentation in all forums and still can not figure this out.  I have spent half my day and all night with this program and am ready to pull my hair out.

PLEASE HELP!

SimpleViewer-Pro works in exactly the same way as SimpleViewer. The only difference is that you replace the 'viewer.swf' file with the one you modified by republishing.

So, if you are familiar with using iPhoto export to generate your galleries, then you use it in exactly the same way as before (check the docs for the IPhoto export). Just replace the viewer.swf in the template folder as I mentioned before.

Felix Turner

Felix, thanks for your replies.

Like many on in this site, I have repeatedly republished and replaced the viewer.swf file only to receive one of the following:

1) "gallery not found"
2) "X's" where the images and thumbs should appear
3) a simpleviewer that fails to load (pulsates while trying to load)

PLEASE DEFINE "TEMPLATE FOLDER"..........is it the general SV-Pro folder (if so, where do I place) or a specific folder (there in no folder named "template")?

THANK YOU!

OK, just realised that iPhoto Export does not support SV v1.8 which is probably why you are seeing 'gallery not found'.

So you have a couple of options:

1) Manually convert your v1.7 galleries to v1.8. This is fairly easy - rename your imageData.xml file to gallery.xml.

2) Use a different gallery generation method that supports v1.8: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … truct.html

Once you have generated your v1.8 gallery, you can copy in the new 'viewer.swf' that you published from the FLA (check SV_PRO docs).

Felix Turner