Topic: Splitting up the DIV Container??

Hello,

I am load SimpleViewer into the Skeleton framework (http://www.getskeleton.com/). The issue that I am experiencing right now is due to the fact that the two elements:

• Image Selecter

• Image Displayer

are all wrapped up into a single DIV.

<div id="sv-container"></div>

The Skeleton framework sets up columns based upon DIV classes. So, far, I have had issues having the Simple Viewer take up the entire frame when the 100% qualifier is passed. However, on a mobile device it sticks out hindering the natural layout that the framework provides. In future versions could you not upgrade to something like:

<div id="sv-container"><div id="sv-container-gallery"></div><div id="sv-container-image"></div></div>

???

In the meantime, is there anyway of dividing the two components into their own DIV's?

Re: Splitting up the DIV Container??

So, far, I have had issues having the Simple Viewer take up the entire frame when the 100% qualifier is passed.

If specifying your gallery's dimensions as percentages rather than as absolute pixel values, ensure that all parent containers have dimensions set via CSS. Also please see the note for Using Percentage Heights in the Embedding Guide.
Specifying your gallery's dimensions as absolute pixel values might be a suitable solution for your problem.

In the meantime, is there anyway of dividing the two components into their own DIV's?

It is not possible to split a SimpleViewer gallery into two separate divs (thumbnails in one and main images in another).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

If specifying your gallery's dimensions as percentages rather than as absolute pixel values, ensure that all parent containers have dimensions set via CSS.

The concern here is that this requires the existing DIV space to be statically defined. Within a dynamic scaling window, where no minimum height/width is defined, the SimpleViewer only takes up 100x100 pixels. Further more, when developing a website that scales naturally to accommodate both a mobile view and desktop view, there is no place in SimpleViewer to define two separate values.

Steven Speirs wrote:

It is not possible to split a SimpleViewer gallery into two separate divs (thumbnails in one and main images in another).

Is there an alternative out there that functions the similar to SimpleViewer that does not have this restriction?

The concern here is that this requires the existing DIV space to be statically defined.

If you set your gallery's dimensions to 100% x 100% and all parent containers also have their dimensions expressed as percentages (even if they are all set to 100%), then the SimpleViewer gallery will resize dynamically with the size of the user's browser window.

Within a dynamic scaling window, where no minimum height/width is defined, the SimpleViewer only takes up 100x100 pixels.

When setting your gallery's dimensions as percentages, all parent containers should have heights specified via CSS (even if they are all set to 100%).

Further more, when developing a website that scales naturally to accommodate both a mobile view and desktop view, there is no place in SimpleViewer to define two separate values.

A SimpleViewer gallery's dimensions will be the same for the Mobile Player and the Flash Player. It they are expressed as percentages (and the dimensions of all parent containers are also expressed as percentages), then the gallery will rescale accordingly no matter what the size of the user's browser window is.
Try viewing the 100% x 100% demo gallery here in different devices and browser window sizes.

Is there an alternative out there that functions the similar to SimpleViewer that does not have this restriction?

There may be gallery software available which allows you to embed different parts of the gallery into different divs but I do not know of one.

Steven Speirs

Yes, the raw code on its own scales itself. Since I am loading the DIV with in another DIV, it seems to assume that 100% = 100 pixels.

If setting the gallery's dimensions to 100%, SimpleViewer needs to know what they should be 100% of so please check the dimensions of all parent containers of your gallery and, as noted above, please see the note for Using Percentage Heights in the Embedding Guide.
If you continue to experience problems, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs