Topic: Path Issue ... UGH!

I had successfully uploaded to my server - and at one time had all the paths working and the webpage viewing properly, until I decided I wanted to "tweak" the viewer a bit and re-upload everything into a more specific gallery folder, which I have since abandoned and will be happy with just getting it to view properly. Lol. 

Now I have a gallery page uploaded but am getting the "gallery xml not found" error.  I can't seem to resolve the issue; could someone please take a look and help me sort this out?

Here's the link to the page: 
http://grandpawspetcare.co/photo_gallery.html 

Thanks in advance

Update: I had it viewing on the site but since I updated the gallery itself, it’s not showing.  When it was showing the second time,  it was viewing the mobile layout; multiple thumbnails, then you can click on one of them and see a larger photo... also my title and caption information are not formatted properly.  I checked it in Chrome and IE7.  It worked yesterday so I am assuming is a file issue and not a flash issue.
At one point yesterday, I had it uploaded and working/viewing properly, so I am really confused.  Also, which file do I replace if I want to update the design of the slideshow?

Last edited by rachelletarango (2013-03-13 23:18:08)

Re: Path Issue ... UGH!

Your gallery displays OK. If you do not see your gallery, try clearing your browser's cache to ensure that your brower is not hanging onto and using older versions of your gallery files.

When it was showing the second time,  it was viewing the mobile layout; multiple thumbnails, then you can click on one of them and see a larger photo...

This is because the useFlash Embed Code Parameter in your gallery is set to 'false', forcing the Mobile Player to be used on all devices and in all browsers.
Change:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "500", "500", "transparent", false);

... to:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "500", "500", "transparent", true);

also my title and caption information are not formatted properly.

The Mobile Player supports fewer configuration options than the Flash Player and certain configuration options in your gallery are Flash options which are not used by the Mobile Player.
Settting useFlash to 'true' should fix this.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ah!  Thank you ... that worked.  Now if I want to change something in my slideshow such as a button or feature, do I have to re-upload all the files or is it just the gallery file?  Sorry, am quite new to this but love the work ability.  Thank you for your help!  smile

Most configuration options are stored in the gallery's XML file so if you change any settings, you just need to re-upload the 'gallery.xml' file.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.