Topic: Diff. Galleries on Separate HTML pages, shows same gallery on both

I am trying to embed  2 galleries using Dreamweaver. The problem is that the 1st gallery "paintings" I created works but the 2nd gallery "Commissions" keeps the formatting I saved but still shows all the same images from the 1st gallery. I have a "paintings" page with one gallery. This is saved in my main site folder, not in its own folder. I have tried to create a new folder for this page by placing all the files in the folder, but this did not work. I have another page called "commissions" which is a different gallery. This is is saved in its own folder within the main website folder.

Re: Diff. Galleries on Separate HTML pages, shows same gallery on both

Try using the baseURL method of embedding documented here.
It will allow you to keep all your galleries in individual folders and you can upload the complete gallery folders (not just the contents) to anywhere on your web server (as long as you know where they are).
As each gallery is a self-contained entity, there should be no pathing problems and each gallery should display as expected.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for the response. I apologize I have a very basic knowledge of coding etc.  Where do I find the URL's for the gallery pages? The only way I would know to do this is, is to upload the site to the web, visit it and link in browser bar to see them. However, the problem is that I can't get the galleries to even preview in Dreamweaver, so there is no wayto get them online currently.

Thank you

You should be able to work out the absolute URLs required for the embedding code by the location you choose to upload your files to on your web server.
For example, if you upload your gallery folder (in this example named 'gallery') to your 'public_html' folder (the root of your web space, in this example, a domain named 'www.example.com'), then the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file would be: http://www.example.com/gallery/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js and the baseURL would be http://www.example.com/gallery/

Steven Speirs

In this method, would I have to actually upload everything to the web host? I am trying to do this technique using the preview feature in Dreamweaver and when I follow the instructions, no gallery shows up on the page.

The way my website folder is set up: I have one gallery with all its folders (images, svcore etc.) placed openly (the files are not consolidated into a folder) in the main gallery folder. The other gallery, on a different html page, which is the one that is just pulling images from the other gallery, is placed within its own distinct folder in the main website folder. Could this be affecting how things are displaying?

Also For each separate gallery, should they all have a "gallery.xml" file or do I need to rename that for each new gallery i.e.  "gallery2.xml" "gallery3.xml"?

I am trying to do this technique using the preview feature in Dreamweaver and when I follow the instructions, no gallery shows up on the page.

Please see the note for Dreamweaver users here.

Note that the SimpleViewer gallery will not show in Dreamweaver's design preview.

If you use the baseURL method of embedding, each gallery would be a self-contained entity in an individual folder and there would be no need to rename or move any files within the gallery folders. You could just upload each complete gallery folder in its entirety to your web server (and use the baseURL embedding code found here).

If you run into any problems, please post the URL to your galleries so that I can take a look and determine the cause of the problems.

Steven Speirs