Topic: zoom in/out slow down

The gallery on a simple website I'm building is a bit jumpy and looks like processor was not coping any more with the zoom in/out process when it should not be the case with my Intel Core2 Duo 2.8 GHz.
I tried to track it and it looks like the moment I place the menu on the page it starts to behave this way. The gallery created straight from Picasa works fast and smooth regarding zoom in/out.

Maybe someone could help, please. The website - www.irmucha.pl

Re: zoom in/out slow down

You could try changing the default quality of the Flash presentation via the 'quality' Flash parameter.
Try adding the following line to your gallery's embedding code immediately before the fo.write("flashcontent"); line.

fo.addParam("quality", "medium");

Possible values for the 'quality' Flash parameter can be found here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you.
I tried to play a bit with quality settings and noticed that it seems to work smooth on Chrome and Explorer (v.10) no matter what settings. But Firefox is jumpy all the time even when quality is set to "low". So I guess it not the website problem but the browser. Any ideas how to improve Firefox performance?

Your gallery zooms in and out quite smoothly in Firefox 19.0.2 (on a computer much less powerful than yours).
Make sure that the Adobe Flash Player plugin is up to date for your Firefox browser (you can check by visiting this web page) and try temporarily disabling any other extensions that you might have installed in Firefox to see if this makes a difference.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you, problem solved.