Topic: scaling the viewer with the page when zooming

Hi,

I couldn't find an answer to this on the forum, so apologies if it has been addressed elsewhere. The issue I have is that when my site is viewed and the page is scaled up (eg 150% to make the text bigger), all of the elements on my page scale except my simple viewer gallery, which is on autoplay and does not feature thumbnails. Is there a way I can make my gallery scale in line with the rest of the page. I have this issue with all of the browsers that I have tested it in so far (IE, Firefox, Safari). I would like to fix this if at all possible as it makes the page look odd. Any help would be much appreciated as I am a bit of a beginner with this.

The site is www.johnrule.co.uk if that helps.

Thanks

Re: scaling the viewer with the page when zooming

Try embedding your gallery directly in your web page (rather than using an <iframe>) by following the instructions here to see if this makes a difference.

The SimpleViewer-Pro MACRO demo gallery (which is embedded in a web page using the embedding code rather than an <iframe>) scales both up and down with the ctrl+mousewheel action.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. I embedded the viewer as suggested but the problem still persists. I haven't actually been using the mouse scroll wheel to zoom. I have been testing it on a Mac with 24inch screen & the main user has it set up so that web pages open up at 170%. That's how I noticed the problem as when I built the site on my laptop I didn't need to zoom in. So basically the rest of the graphics and text on the pages are at 170% and the viewer is still at 100% which leaves a big white space to the left and below it unfilled.

Could I have missed something in the gallery settings?

Thanks

I am able to replicate your problem using the <iframe> code in your page.
My own tests show that replacing the <iframe> code with the following embedding code should solve your problem:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="gallery_home/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "gallery_home/";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "752", "488", "transparent", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Be sure to clear your browser's cache after making the change and before reloading your gallery to ensure that your browser is not hanging onto and using older versions of your gallery files.

Steven Speirs

Hi,

I have added the code you suggested instead of the iframe and cleared everything in my Browser, however now my gallery won't display at all! Nothing in Firefox, Safari or IE.

I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong. I did copy everything from the gallery folder into the folder with the HTML page in it, as instructed on the embedding guide, I assume I have everything in the correct place... But I should note that the files I have put the new code in aren't live yet (should that make a difference?). The website is not being uploaded by myself, so the files you can see at www.johnrule.co.uk still use iframe.

Thanks

Sorry, my mistake. The code I posted above was for a different image viewer. I have now edited my post above to reflect the correct code. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

However, on further investigation, your gallery is actually scaling up. If you right-click an area where you think the gallery is not extending to but should be extending to, you will see that it is still part of the Flash presentation.
The maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight settings in your gallery are restricting your main images to a maximum size within the gallery and once they reach their maximum size, the gallery looks like it is not scaling up any more as the images do not change in size or position (as you use stageVAlign="TOP" and stageHAlign="LEFT").

Try increasing the values of the maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight configuration options in your gallery's XML file.

Steven Speirs

Hi,

Thanks for your help, it's now working. The gallery scales up (& down), in line with the rest of the page in all the browsers I've tested. Problem solved.

Thanks