Topic: navigation to the gallery resizes bg content

I have multiple galleries embedded in my swf. When navigating to any gallery, despite the browser resizing, the bg content scales and doesnt return to the previous size. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this?

Re: navigation to the gallery resizes bg content

The default value for the SimpleViewer-Pro configuration option backgroundScale is 'STRETCH'.
You might like to change this to either 'FILL' or 'NONE'.
A description of the backgroundScale configuration option and its possible values can be found here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks Steven!

I guess I wasnt able to articulate my dilemma.
I have multiple galleries embedded in my swf. When navigating to any gallery, despite the resizing of the browser, the layers underneath the gallery resize to the full dimensions and they remain resized  navigating to another frame. I have my gallery on one layer, and a graphic on the layer underneath. Any ideas?

There is a note regarding the resizing of galleries within Flash container movies in the 'Embedding in Flash' section:

SimpleViewer uses StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE and StageAlign.TOP_LEFT. Check the resize code in the example FLA to see how to handle resizing with these parameters set.

Maybe this will point you in the right direction.
However, if the problem is with the resizing of your background rather than with the resizing of the galleries themselves (which have transparent backgrounds), then this may not help.
As a workaround, perhaps you could use a background image (or color) within the gallery itself and it would then scale with the gallery. This may not be ideal but, unfortunately, I do not have a solution to your problem.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok, cool. I will work with this. Not sure, but willing to give it a try .
Thanks for the suggestions!