Topic: Thumbnails distorted in mobile view / gallery not showing on iOS

Hi,

I'm using the 2.3.0 Plugin for Lightroom 3 and currently I'm struggling with the thumbnail display in the mobile version.
Thumbs size is ok, but the images are not cropped but, as it seems, simply "pressed" into a rectangular format.
Display in the flash version on desktop is fine.
Tested on iPod 3 (some old iOS version), Android 3.x and desktop with flash plugin disabled.

Another problem is that the gallery is not displayed on current iOS devices (tested with iPhone 3 and 5). On Android devices everything is fine (except for the thumbs of course).

The gallery can be found http://www.lumitura.de/test/wd/index.html#galerie

Hope you can help me out here.

Thanks in advance

Re: Thumbnails distorted in mobile view / gallery not showing on iOS

The Mobile Player uses only square thumbnails but TTG SimpleViewer (the SimpleViewer plugin for Lightroom) does not produce square thumbnails so the thumbnails are stretched to fit (rather than cropped).
I have notified the developers of this but, at the moment, there is little that can be done other than to generate square thumbnails separately and swap them for the rectangular thumbnails generated by the plugin.

I have viewed your gallery in Mobile Safari on an iPod Touch 4 iOS 6.1.2 and it displays OK.
If you do not see your gallery on your iPhones, try clearing your browser's cache to ensure that your it is not hanging onto and using older versions of your web pages.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

thanks for the fast reply.

So this is only an issue with the LR Plugin, right?
Can I alternatively switch to the "regular" version using SVBuilder to get the same (but flawless) galery?

Thanks again!

So this is only an issue with the LR Plugin, right?

It is an issue with any gallery which uses non-square thumbnails.

Can I alternatively switch to the "regular" version using SVBuilder to get the same (but flawless) galery?

You could generate a gallery using svBuilder-Pro (using equal values for thumbWidth and thumbHeight to generate square thumbnails) and then swap your gallery folders over.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.