Topic: tags with FLICKR - limiting to 99 photos

Hi -
I have a pro license both with simpleviewer as well as flickr - my simpleviewer is set to 150 photos that are fed through from flickr tags.  I have several tags that use to show different image sets - some showing as many as 140, however, one gallery is stuck on 99 photos - is this a flickr problem or have you come across this before?
Thanks very much

Re: tags with FLICKR - limiting to 99 photos

To determine whether or not this is a Flickr problem, try entering the information used in your SimpleViewer gallery directly into the Flickr API Explorer to see how many images are returned.

Also, make sure that you have set flickrImageCount="500" (the maximum value allowed by Flickr).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

This is what we got back ...
Here's the reply - I think it's quite big
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<rsp stat="ok">
  <photos page="1" pages="1" perpage="100" total="71">
    <photo id="8576838565" owner="50220141@N08" secret="949a10cc49" server="8526" farm="9" title="Hen Party Cake" ispublic="1" isfriend="0" isfamily="0" />
    <photo id="8571855236" owner="50220141@N08" secret="a000cdefb0" server="8512" farm="9" title="Planes and Trains Cake" ispublic="1" isfriend="0.., etc

It is hard to tell from the snippet you posted but it looks like your Flickr search returned 71 images.
If Flickr returned only 71 images using the API search terms that your gallery uses, then SimpleViewer can display only these 71 images.
If you think the API search terms should have returned more images, then there may be a problem with your Flickr tags.
If you have recently tagged images, it may take some time for the tags to fully propagate through Flickr's system and for the tagged images to show up in API searches (such as that performed by SimpleViewer to fetch the images from Flickr's servers).
Please see this Flickr FAQ for details: http://www.flickr.com/help/tags/#2855

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.