Topic: Navigation in reverse and truncated captions

I have my image click mode set to "navigate" and enabled looping, however when clicking on the images it actually goes through them backwards starting with whichever I have selected and going up the thumbnail grid instead of down. Since I want them images to be viewed in a specific sequence, how can i change this?

Also, is there a way to have the caption width as long as each caption and not connected to the main image width? I'm running into line spacing issues where a single digit is being truncated to the next line and it looks awkward.

Re: Navigation in reverse and truncated captions

When using imageClickMode="NAVIGATE", the hit areas for the previous and next navigation each cover half of the main image so make sure that you are clicking in the correct half of the image (the left half for 'previous' and the right half for 'next').
If this does not help, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Also, is there a way to have the caption width as long as each caption and not connected to the main image width?

Depending on the position of the captions in your gallery, the width used for the captions might change with the width of the user's browser window so, in certain configurations, users may not see your captions wrap onto a second line.
You could perhaps use a Fixed Layout (or set your captionPosition="LEFT" or captionPosition="RIGHT") and set a fixed width for your captions using the captionWidth configuration option.
Otherwise, reducing the captionFontSize might help.
Also, you could set showImageNumber="FALSE" which would hide the image number and free up a little space on the first line of your caption for more text.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks, I didn't realize when i hid the navigation arrows, I would trick myself. Clicking on the correct side of the image works as it should. I feel a little silly not remembering that.

If I use Fixed Layout to get the caption position accurate, I will have to use it for all the other elements too, correct?

Yes. If you use a Fixed Layout, you may need to set the position and size of all gallery elements using the Fixed Layout configuration options.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.