Topic: How can people view my gallery on mobile phone?

Hi,

Can you please suggest a, hopefully simple, way that this can be achieved?

Thanks

Re: How can people view my gallery on mobile phone?

SimpleViewer-Pro v2 supports Universal Playback whereby a gallery will be displayed by the Mobile Player (rather than the Flash Player) on mobile devices and in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled.

Just create a gallery with svBuilder-Pro and it will automatically be mobile-friendly.
If you like, you can simply upload the gallery to your web server and open the gallery's 'index.html' file in a browser.
Otherwise, you can embed the gallery in an existing HTML page alongside other content by following the embedding instructions here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have an Android phone and nothing happens when I try to play your example of the forest gallery. Is there something else I need to do?

The FOREST demo gallery is displayed (by the Mobile Player) on my iPod Touch and in my browsers after disabling Adobe Flash Player.

If you are viewing the SimpleViewer gallery over a 3G connection, please see this FAQ:
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?

If this is relevant, then please contact your 3G provider to see if there is a way to switch off content modification on your account.

Also, for your own website, you could try creating an .htaccess file containing the following code and upload it to your website's root directory.

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "no-transform"
</IfModule>
Steven Speirs

I contacted the server about creating a .htaccess file and apparently they use Zeus not Apache. I have created a file called rewrite.script for this purpose. Could you please let me know what code I need to add to this?

Sorry, I do not know if there is equivalent code for Zeus. Perhaps your web host could help further.
However, please bear in mind that if this works at all (it was only a suggestion rather than a tested solution), it will work only for your own website. You would still be unable to view any other SimpleViewer galleries created by other users over your 3G connection.
A more universal solution would be to contact your 3G provider to see it content modification could be turned off completely on your account.

Steven Speirs