Topic: SV 1.8 Stuck on Flash Player Detection - Firefox 1.5 Flash 9

Hello!

I just downloaded the latest version of Simpleviewer (1.8) and I get a message telling me I don't have Flash Player and a link on where to download it.  I've seen this error message on several other threads, but none addressing version 1.8.

I'm on Firefox 1.5 for Mac, using Simpleviewer 1.8, and the simpleviewer gallery works on my local preview browser window, but not in my actual website.  If it helps any, the URL for my photo gallery is:

http://fustedesign.com/apartment/gallery

Thanks for any help!!
Rob

Re: SV 1.8 Stuck on Flash Player Detection - Firefox 1.5 Flash 9

Did you upload the 'swfobject.js' file? You need to upload all the files in the 'simpleviewer' folder.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply, Felix.  Yes, indeed, I have uploaded all the files in the "simpleviewer" folder, which I renamed "gallery" (therefore the url path www.fustedesign.com/apartment/gallery).

Any other ideas as to what it might be?  Thanks ahead of time!

Rob

I get an error
"swfobject undefined"

I can get here
http://www.fustedesign.com/apartment/gallery/viewer.swf
with out a problem.

so

try uploading your swfobject.js file again , same directory as your index and viewer.swf files

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks, Richard, for the reply.  Although I had uploaded both the js and swf files multiple times, your suggestion made me think to check the "permissions" on those files.  The swf file was fine, but the js file, when trying to access it via a URL (fustedesign.com/apartment/gallery/swjobject.js), it gave me a forbidden notice. So I checked permissions and, sure enough, it was set to some weird number and I made it available to the public, and now the gallery works!

So thanks again!

One more question, though:  Is there a way to reduce the amount of blank space at the top of the gallery section?  I've tried reducing all the values in the gallery.xml file, and reducing the numbers in the inline javascript portion of index for the swf viewer file, and even wrapping the whole thing in a div tag.  When I try to reduce the size of the window in the inline javascript, it cuts off part of the arrow and the caption alltogether, so that really doesn't help solve the problem of the gap.

You can still see an example at:  fustedesign.com/apartment/gallery
Right now, it has about a 50 px distance from the yellow nav bar.  I have 20px padding on my content div, but where do the other roughly 30px come from?

Thanks again for any help!!
Rob

I should have mentioned and realized the problem when I tried getting to your js file , I got a forbidden message.

Not sure on your padding issue, is margin-top -30px, is the negative value causing the problem?   Try a padding of 5 ?  BTW, it looks correct at 1280 1024 resolution

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!