Topic: Can't make gallery height larger or min-height

We're inserting SVBuildPro's galleries into our site: http://rafaelbekor.com/women/

However, because of the page's header and footer, it's compacting the gallery and we're getting a smaller image. I've tried setting a new width/height in the XML, but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way I can set a min-height too so that when the browser is made really small the gallery always stays at the same original width/height and doesn't get so tiny?

Regards,
Paul

Re: Can't make gallery height larger or min-height

If you do not want your gallery's height to dynamically resize with the height of the user's browser window, set your gallery's height to be a fixed pixel value rather than a percentage. For example, change:

simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', 'FFFFFF', true);

... to:

simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '600', 'FFFFFF', true);
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Your change suggested completely stops the gallery from being re-sized. We just want to set a minimum size so that the size of the image gallery can still be dynamically increased/deceased based on browser size, but at a certain point it stops decreasing so that it doesn't start getting tiny.

Edit: Actually, it doesn't completely stop the gallery from being re-sized as it looks like it can still get smaller. We want to opposite. wink

Last edited by Pcurtin (2013-04-10 08:49:40)

There are no settings within SimpleViewer itself to achieve this.
You can set the height of a gallery to either a percentage (of the gallery's parent container) or to a fixed pixel value.
Try using the CSS Min-height Property on your gallery's container or parent container.
For example:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
    simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', true);
});
</script>
<div id="parent" style="height: 50%; min-height: 200px;">
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
</div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

smile This was incredibly helpful for me. I had the problem with my gallery displaying perfectly in IE but squahing the main image in Chrome and Firefox. By setting the min height in the embed code as you described, it fixed the problem! Kudos and thanks . . .Charlie

Last edited by Charles Levin (2013-04-11 17:10:58)