Topic: How do I reverse (not change but reverse) the order of the pictures?

Hi,

I love Simpleviewer, love working with it, but I have one problem with it that is very annoying, maybe even a "dealbreaker":

In my situation (the latest wordpress 3.5.* with the latest version of the sv-plugin and svcore) I have no control over the order in which the pictures are uploaded/displayed in the Wordpress Media gallery.

Now I know it's possible to change the order of the photo's in the WordPress media library after the upload (http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … 639#p47639), but having to manually change the order of an album with over 50 pictures seems so impractical and unnecessary when all I want is to reverse the order of the pictures.

So, my problem is that somehow the pictures I upload always show up in the WP media gallery, and consequently in the published SimpleViewer album, in reverse order.

• Is there any way I can reverse the order before/while uploading the pictures?

• Is there any way I can reverse the order of the uploaded pictures after they have been uploaded, other than doing it manually?

If there isn't, could you please make this possible, maybe add a "sortInReverseOrder"-like pro options switch/variable?

Cheers!

Jeroen Paternostre

Last edited by pater (2013-04-09 20:13:06)

Re: How do I reverse (not change but reverse) the order of the pictures?

The uploading of images for a WP-SimpleViewer gallery is handled entirely by the WordPress media module (rather than by the plugin itself) and WP-SimpleViewer simply displays the images in the order in which they are given to the plugin by WordPress (which is the same order as displayed when editing a post, clicking the 'Add Media' button and going to 'Insert Media -> Media Library -> Uploaded to this post').

If you would like the plugin to always display images in the reverse order to that displayed in the 'Uploaded to this post' display, then open the plugin's 'wp-simpleviewer/gallery.php' file in a plain text editor and change the two instances of 'order'=>'DESC' to 'order'=>'ASC' on lines 52 and 54. Please note that the line numbers refer to WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.1.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

... If you would like the plugin to always display images in the reverse order to that displayed in the 'Uploaded to this post' display, then open the plugin's 'wp-simpleviewer/gallery.php' file in a plain text editor and change the two instances of 'order'=>'DESC' to 'order'=>'ASC' on lines 52 and 54. Please note that the line numbers refer to WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.1.

Thank you very much, that solves my problem for now  smile   

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, so wouldn't it be a good idea to add a checkbox to the "Add SimpleViewer Gallery" screen/"WP-SimpleViewer - Manage Galleries - Set Default Values" screen so users don't lose this setting every time they update the plugin?

Thanks again for your solution!

Jeroen

I will certainly consider this for a future version of the plugin.
Thank you for your suggestion.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.