Topic: Audio does not loop/continue

Hello, please see the following gallery.  I have selected "loop audio" in the "customize" area of the gallery, but when I open the gallery website page, the music stops at the end of the song (about the 38th picture) and does not start over.  Any ideas how I can fix that?  Thank you! -- Cheryl

http://www.perryhousemonterey.com/gallery_weddings.html

Re: Audio does not loop/continue

The audio track on your web page is not being played or controlled by SimpleViewer-Pro.
It is simply embedded directly into your web page with an <embed> tag.
In order for the audio track to be played and looped by SimpleViewer-Pro, you would need to add the following configuration options to your gallery's XML file: http://www.perryhousemonterey.com/galle … allery.xml

audioURL="galleryFiles/WeddingGallery/01 - Better Together.mp3"
playAudioOnLoad="TRUE"
loopAudio="TRUE"
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for that information; I thought that was going to be a slam dunk, but it still didn't work, so I took the embed command out of my html file thinking that was overriding it, and it still didn't work. There are 2 html files -- does that matter? -- the one the simple viewer creates (index.html) and the one I created (gallery_weddings.html).  In fact if I take the music embedded code out of my gallery_weddings.html, then no music at all plays even though it is on the xml file . . . ??

http://www.perryhousemonterey.com/gallery_weddings.html

Sorry, my mistake. As you are using a baseURL, your audioURL should be relative to the baseURL rather than to the page containing your gallery's embedding code.
Change:

audioURL="galleryFiles/WeddingGallery/01 - Better Together.mp3"

... to:

audioURL="01 - Better Together.mp3"

... and your audio track should then play OK.

There are 2 html files -- does that matter? -- the one the simple viewer creates (index.html) and the one I created (gallery_weddings.html).

The gallery's own 'index.html' file is required only if you want to display the gallery on a page of its own (or if you want to embed the gallery in another web page using an iframe). Otherwise, this file is not required and can safely be ignored.

Steven Speirs

That's awesome -- the loop now works, but the only problem with doing it this way now is that I've lost the command the embedded code had on it to allow the viewer to turn off the music.  Can I put that back on somehow!

Thanks a million!

Your could either:

(1) Set showAudioButton="TRUE" in your gallery's XML file to display a button on the Button Bar that the user could click to toggle the audio on and off.

... or:

(2) Use an external control on your web page (whether it is a text, an image or a button outside the gallery itself) and have it interact with the gallery and toggle the audio on and off by using the SimpleViewer-Pro API toggleAudio() method.

Steven Speirs

You are an absolute genius, and thanks for your quick responses!  God Bless!