Topic: Thumbnails blurry on simpleviewer pro for wordpress

Hi There
I have tirelessly looked online for the answer to blurry thumbnails in simpleviewer for wordpress. I have uploaded several times, tried some of the configs. I know how to make the amendments via the svbuilder but not through wordpress. Do I need to go through the files and edit them?
http://www.gillbradleydesign.com/home/p … dead-3d-2/

Many thanks roll

Re: Thumbnails blurry on simpleviewer pro for wordpress

Your actual thumbnail images (generated by WordPress) are smaller (65x46) than the dimensions at which they are displayed in your gallery (thumbWidth="75" thumbHeight="65") so they are being scaled up and look blurred.
Try changing your 'Thumbnail size' in the WordPress Dashboard ('Settings -> Media'). Default values are 150x150.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi There
amended the size of thumbnails and still blurry. One main factor is that images that were already uploaded are fine while images uploaded with simpleviewer are blurred.

Changing the 'Thumbnail size' in the WordPress Dashboard will not regenerate new thumbnails for any images which have already been uploaded but will create thumbnails at the new dimensions for subsequent uploads so you would have to re-upload the images for your gallery for the change to take effect.
I notice that your gallery currently uses the same images for both the thumbnails and the main images. The thumbnails are now scaled down and look noticeably sharper than they did previously. If you do not see a difference, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery to ensure that your browser is not hanging onto and using older versions of your gallery files.

When uploading an image to the WordPress Media Library, WordPress creates several different-sized images.
WP-SimpleViewer uses the smallest image for the thumbnails in the gallery. If you would like to change this, then open the gallery's 'wp-simpleviewer/gallery.php' file in a plain text editor and edit line 58 and change the word 'thumbnail'.

$thumbnail = wp_get_attachment_image_src($attachment->ID, 'thumbnail');

Possible values are:

• thumbnail - default 150px x 150px max

• medium - default 300px x 300px max

• large - default 640px x 640px max

• full - original size uploaded

Please note that the line number quotes above refers to the current version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.2.1).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.