Topic: Upload through ftp

Have read a few threads about this plugin but didnt get hang of it. Im a simpleviewer -pro user and I used to have a regular website. Now I have a wordpress blog where I wanna use this plugin. I have installed it but what I need help with is how to build a regular gallery where I can upload pictures through ftp from my mobile? Also, I quite dont understand the gallery-thing since I just want specific pictures on the gallery, not all pictures. Maybe I dont understand yet how its working.

I have now [simpleviewer gallery_id="1"] and I just want that gallery to search for pictures in a map like "......../pictures" and then wanna use a ftpprogram on my iPhone to just upload this pictures to the gallery. Help?

Re: Upload through ftp

I have now [simpleviewer gallery_id="1"] and I just want that gallery to search for pictures in a map like "......../pictures" and then wanna use a ftpprogram on my iPhone to just upload this pictures to the gallery.

WP-SimpleViewer does not work like this.
It is not possible to specify a folder on your web server as a source of images for a gallery.
Possible sources are:

• Media Library (all images attached to the post containing the gallery will be displayed)

• Flickr (images in a specified Flickr account will be displayed)

• NextGEN Gallery (If you use the NextGEN Gallery plugin, all images from a specified NextGEN gallery will be displayed)

• Picasa Web Album (all images in a specified Picasa web album will be displayed)

You could perhaps set up a Flickr-sourced gallery in the plugin and upload images to your Flickr account via your iPhone.
You could also tag the images and display only certain tagged images using the flickrTags configuration option.

If you really want to display all images from a certain folder, then you would need to set up a SimpleViewer gallery manually (not using WP-SimpleViewer) using a PHP file rather than a static XML file as documented in this forum post.
You would then have to embed the gallery into your WordPress post manually following the baseURL method of embedding as documented here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Upload through ftp

Ok, then I understand. I actually got myself an Flickr account today, but I perfer to host my own pictures  tongue . Have given it some thoughts and I will either use a "regular" site with an add of a regular wordpress blog just for the blogging itself, not for pictures etc, or I will have to find another plugin. But, the simpleviewer works great on regular site. But if its possible, you really should make a new (or edit) plugin that works like the "old" simpleviewer, where you can just upload pictures to a gallery and then run a script to refresh the album.