Topic: Responsive Wordpress theme

Hi,

I am trying to create a website using a responsive wordpress theme, so it will work on all platforms. I want to build a gallery using svbuilder pro but I am aware that mobiles don't support Adobe flash as I had a problem with this before. Can you suggest a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Re: Responsive Wordpress theme

When you build a gallery with svBuilder-Pro, the gallery will feature Universal Playback without any further action.
You could then embed the gallery into a WordPress page or post using the baseURL method of embedding.

Alternatively, you could use the WP-SimpleViewer plugin to create your mobile-friendly galleries within the WordPress Dashboard.

With regard to themes, there are currently 1,747 themes listed on the WordPress Free WordPress Themes page, unfortunately too many to test with SimpleViewer. (SimpleViewer should work well under most themes but please note that not all themes generate valid code and some may cause problems.)

I would recommend trying the default Twenty Twelve theme which was designed with mobile devices in mind.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven - I'm using the Twenty Twelve theme, and the gallery shows up OK on the mobile when using the WP plugin with the flash turned off.

I would prefer to have the gallery embedded on a page, but would there be a problem with that as Adobe Flash is not supported? If so, can you suggest an alternative method?

I would prefer to have the gallery embedded on a page, but would there be a problem with that as Adobe Flash is not supported?

SimpleViewer galleries created by WP-SimpleViewer are embedded directly into your WordPress pages and feature Universal Playback so they are displayed in all browsers and on all mobile devices. If Adobe Flash Player is not available, the gallery will automatically be displayed by the Mobile Player (rather than by the Flash Player).
Please note that galleries displayed by the Mobile Player will look different to galleries displayed by the Flash Player.
Please see this FAQ:
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

Steven Speirs

Could you please explain how I upload the gallery to wordpress, once it has been created in SVBuilder Pro. I have uploaded the pictures and embedded the code, but what do I do next?

If you choose not to use WP-SimpleViewer to create and embed your galleries within the WordPress Dashboard, then you can create a gallery with svBuilder-Pro and embed it in a WordPress page or post by using the baseURL method of embedding as documented here.

Essentially, you would upload the entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server using an FTP program such as Filezilla.
You would then paste the baseURL embedding code into the body of your WordPress page or post, making sure that the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual'.
It does not matter where you upload your gallery folder to on your web server as long as you know where it is and that the two paths within the baseURL embedding code (the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and the baseURL itself) are correct.

Steven Speirs