Topic: Multiple galleries/ drop menu

Hello,

I'm trying to build a website based on a template. The template has drop menus, one of which I plan to have for galleries. Now, I can't get it to work, and I cannot understand why. I tried keeping the SV galleries each in their own folder and build the code by using the flashvar as shown in this example:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.example.com/mygallery/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "http://www.example.com/mygallery/";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

But it does not work. Do I have the urls wrong? Here is a copy of my code:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="Simple Viewer UA/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "Simple Viewer UA/"
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "F0EFEB", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

So the html file I wish to embed the gallery (one of the drop menu options) is located in the same folder as the master folder of the SV gallery (the name of that folder is Simple Viewer UA).

I'm using Textwrangler, and am very new to coding, so this is probably something very fundamental and easy. But I just don't get it!

Thank you for any advice you might have.

Last edited by annimaarit (2013-04-25 15:00:59)

Re: Multiple galleries/ drop menu

So the html file I wish to embed the gallery (one of the drop menu options) is located in the same folder as the master folder of the SV gallery (the name of that folder is Simple Viewer UA).

If the HTML page containing the embedding code is in the same directory as your gallery folder (named 'Simple Viewer UA'), then your embedding code looks to be correct.
Take a look at this FAQ (and the other Troubleshooting FAQs) to see if it helps:
When I view my gallery online, I see a blank area. Why?
Also, try using a folder name which uses only aplha-numeric characters (and not spaces).

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.