Topic: Gallery captions not showing

I have embedded three galleries on one page.  I can't figure out why the captions show up when looking at the page in a browser, but not when they are embedded in my html.  I also can't figure out what to modify to create space between the galleries on the page.
Here is the simple viewer code:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
        <script type="text/javascript" src="../svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function () {
            SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container1', '1100', '500', 'FFFFFF',true,{baseURL: 'fullcircle/'});
        });
        </script>
        <div id="sv-container1"></div>
        <!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->   

SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container2', '1100', '500', 'FFFFFF',true,{baseURL: 'retro/'});
        });
        </script>
        <div id="sv-container2"></div>

SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container3', '1100', '500', 'FFFFFF',true,{baseURL: 'paintings/'});
        });
        </script>
        <div id="sv-container3"></div>

Hope someone can help me, I am sooooo sick of working on my website but it is ALMOST finished.......

Re: Gallery captions not showing

I can't figure out why the captions show up when looking at the page in a browser, but not when they are embedded in my html.

Please post the URL to your web page so that I can take a look.

I also can't figure out what to modify to create space between the galleries on the page.

You could create space between your galleries by inserting HTML line breaks <br />.

Also, looking at your embedding code, it looks like you may be using an older version of SimpleViewer.
Try upgrading to the latest version (v2.3.1) to seeif this makes a difference.
Please see the Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro page for details.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the idea of using< /br.>  I will try that.  I am a newbie, so please excuse any and all of my stupid questions.  My website isn't live yet, a few last problems, so I can't give you the link to a url, so what else could I do so you could have a lookat my problem.
I hope you get paid for all your answering!

Check that your captions are actually in each gallery's 'gallery.xml' file and that the XML files are located in the correct gallery folders.
Also, check the CSS of your web page to make sure that the caption areas within your galleries are not being overlapped and obscured by any other elements on your web page.

If you are unable to upload your web page to a web server, perhaps you can zip the entire project (if it is not too large), upload the zip file somewhere and post a download link so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs

I did check, and the captions are in the .xml files which are in the correct gallery folders.  I can't see anything in the CSS that is a problem.  I have uploaded the zip file to mediafire, and have the link, but I don't know if 14 MB is too large?
Thanks

That will be fine. Just post the link to the file here (and I can delete it from the forum after I've downloaded it if you like).

Steven Speirs

I hope this works :
[Link deleted at request of original poster.]
Could you delete this after please?

Your captions are being displayed. However, the text color is the same as your gallery's background color (white) so the captions are not visible.
Try including the following configuration option (to change the text color to black) in your gallery XML files and you will then see the captions.

textColor="#000000"

Also, I notice that your HTML line breaks are incorrect.
They should be <br /> (not </br>).

Steven Speirs

Thanks so much .  Appreciate it.