Topic: problems embedding galleries

Hi,

Got some problems embedding the gallery into pages on wordpress. Using the latest wordpress (3.5.1) and the latest pro version of the plugin.

Current steps I'm doing:
Go to the page I need to put the gallery on, and click the 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' button. I get the lightbox window, click the options I need, then save gallery. Nothing is embedded into the page. I have to add the shortcode by hand where I want the gallery to go: [simpleviewer gallery_id="1"]

Then, go to add media, and this is where it gets confusing. i have 3 options: insert media, create gallery, set featured image.

I cant find the installation instructions anymore, but I certainly dont remember the instructions matching the site. I get an error saying the XML cant be found or something like that, but yet I had, occasionally, some sort of viewer, but nothing like the settings I set for it.

I've tried refreshing+clearing the cache, tried various methods of putting the gallery in, and even found that having both [simpleviewer gallery_id="1"] and the [gallery] shortcode was needed to make the SV gallery show.

This whole thing is a mess, and I have no idea what steps to take to ensure it works. There is no online version publicly available at the moment as the site is in development. Can provide it in private email support if needed though.

Thanks.

Re: problems embedding galleries

Go to the page I need to put the gallery on, and click the 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' button. I get the lightbox window, click the options I need, then save gallery. Nothing is embedded into the page.

This indicates that something is wrong. After clicking the 'Add Gallery' button, the shortcode should automatically be entered into your post.
Try re-uploading WP-SimpleViewer to your web server to ensure that all files are present and correct.
If this does not help, then try temporarily deactivating all your other plugins and then reactivate them one by one (checking the functionality of WP-SimpleViewer after each one) to see if you can find a conflicting plugin.
You could also try reverting to the default WordPress theme to see if this makes a difference.

I cant find the installation instructions anymore, but I certainly dont remember the instructions matching the site.

Instructions for adding images to a WP-SimpleViewer gallery can be found here.
All images attached to the post will be displayed in the WP-SimpleViewer gallery so essentially all you need to do is click the 'Add Media' button, drag and drop your images into the media window, close the media window after your images have finished uploading (do not click the 'Insert into post' button) and 'Publish' or 'Update' your post.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Seems there's a conflict with this plugin: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/

Seems to stops the shortcode from been put into the page.
Have deactivated it for now. It keeps data when its reactivated though, so not a huge pain to deal with.

Still cant get the images to show up properly.
The non-flash version, shows a tiny image in the middle of nowhere, with some nav "page 1 of 1". The flash version says "no images specified in gallery XML"

The gallery settings, other than the flash tickbox, seem to have no effect.

Seems there's a conflict with this plugin: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/

I have just downloaded and installed the Advanced Custom Fields plugin and it does not seem to conflict with WP-SimpleViewer in my own WordPress installation.
I have enabled the Advanced Custom Fields plugin and can still successfully create, embed and view a SimpleViewer gallery using WP-SimpleViewer. The shortcode is entered into the post as expected.
Perhaps there is something else within your own WordPress installation which is causing the problem.

The non-flash version, shows a tiny image in the middle of nowhere, with some nav "page 1 of 1".

This is the thumbnail page of the Mobile Player. Please see this FAQ:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?

The flash version says "no images specified in gallery XML"

This indicates that something else is wrong. (There is more to your problem than just the shortcode not being entered into your post with the Advanced Custom Fields plugin being active.)
I would start by downloading the current version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.2.1) from here and reinstalling the plugin from scratch to ensure that all files are present and correct.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.