Topic: Thumbnail Opacity

I find the brightness of the thumbnails underneath the slideshow a bit distracting and am trying to figure out how to set them to 0.5 opacity.  I saw a thread on the forum related to my issue but could not find a solution.  I was hoping I could simply put some code into the simpleviewer.css file but this doesn't seem to work.  Please let me know if you have any advice.  Thanks.

Re: Thumbnail Opacity

You could perhaps batch process your thumbnail images (after they have been created by svBuilder-Pro) in an image manipulation program such as Adobe Photoshop to change their opacity.

Otherwise, you could set thumbLoadBrightness="0.5" and imagePreloading="NONE" in your gallery's XML file (though this has the side effect of not preloading any of the images in your gallery).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Thumbnail Opacity

Steven Speirs wrote:

You could perhaps batch process your thumbnail images (after they have been created by svBuilder-Pro) in an image manipulation program such as Adobe Photoshop to change their opacity.

Otherwise, you could set thumbLoadBrightness="0.5" and imagePreloading="NONE" in your gallery's XML file (though this has the side effect of not preloading any of the images in your gallery).

Thanks for the quick response.  I adjusted the opacity of the images and saved them as PNGs (because JPGs don't support transparency)  though this doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?

Last edited by Noah212 (2013-05-07 14:46:56)

Re: Thumbnail Opacity

You may need to just darken or lighten the images (as JPEGs or PNGs) rather than adjust the opacity of them to make them stand out less.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Thumbnail Opacity

Steven Speirs wrote:

You may need to just darken or lighten the images (as JPEGs or PNGs) rather than adjust the opacity of them to make them stand out less.

Thanks so much for you help.  It turns out that change the opacity of the images themselves rather than doing it through the code worked, however I forgot to change thumbURL="thumbs/1.jpg   to     thumbURL="thumbs/1.png" in the gallery.xml file. Stupid mistake on my part.