Topic: SV not showing correctly in iphone on blogger—shifts right off screen

Hi,
I'm new here and I've been experimenting with different galleries and so forth, just like everyone else! However, I'm loading my galleries by hosting them on my Dropbox's public folder, and incorporating the index.html link in an iframe code within the appropriate post. On the computer this works beautifully—see http://trastamaramusings.blogspot.co.uk/ for an example—but when I check the iphone I find that the 3x3 grid has shifted right so that it's off the visible part of the screen, AND it distorts how the rest of the page shows. This is the only post where this happens—all the text/standard image/youtube iframes behave as expected. Is there something I can do to fix it? I was surprised it showed at all as it uses flash, but the non flash version was ugly on the computer, so...!
Thanks.

Re: SV not showing correctly in iphone on blogger—shifts right off screen

The layout of your main page (the page containing the iframe) should remain constant no matter what content you load into the iframe (whether it is a SimpleViewer gallery or another web page). (The size of the iframe will not change.)

Try loading a different web page into your iframe and it should occupy the same space that your gallery currently does.
You may need to change the dimensions of your iframe (perhaps change its width to 100% so that it fills the width of its own parent container).

You could also try changing your gallery's dimensions (on your https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/194 … index.html page) from 400px x 500px to 100% x 100% so that the gallery fills the iframe, no matter what its size.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: SV not showing correctly in iphone on blogger—shifts right off screen

ETA: solved the problem. I saw something somewhere about sizing the iframe so that the contents of the gallery were forced into vertical rather than horizontal arrangement, and it worked! I leave the settings at default from the svbuilder end, and from the Blogger end I set the iframe at 300x400. It's the 300 width that seems to be the magic number; this makes everything flow as it should, even on a retina iphone.  big_smile  big_smile

Last edited by cavgirl (2013-05-10 23:45:53)