Topic: Stop Thumbnails from Loading

Is there any way to disable thumbnails altogether?  I ran my site through a speed tester and all the thumbnails are still being requested meaning that it is taking longer to load.  Thanks.

Re: Stop Thumbnails from Loading

You can set thumbPosition="NONE" to prevent the thumbnails from being displayed.
If you choose not to display the thumbnails but the thumbnails are still being loaded, then you could perhaps replace them with small or empty files to help speed up the loading of your web page.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

You can set thumbPosition="NONE" to prevent the thumbnails from being displayed.
If you choose not to display the thumbnails but the thumbnails are still being loaded, then you could perhaps replace them with small or empty files to help speed up the loading of your web page.

Thanks for the fast response.  I would have to believe that there's some way to change the actual code to not call/request the thumbnails.  Would you be able to point me to the file that I should edit? Thanks again.

Unfortunately, the code that manages this is within the 'svcore/swf/simpleviewer.swf' file and SimpleViewer-Pro does not come with source code so this cannot be modified.
However, I will notify the developers. Thank you for reporting.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.