Topic: Layout problem on Android's Firefox browser

Hi,

I have created some galleries with SV-Pro and the display is fine on a normal (Flash enabled) browser and also on the Opera and Chrome browsers on Android but not on Android's Firefox browser. On Opera and Chrome, the images display nicely filling all the screen and the captions are overlaid at the bottom. On Firefox, however, the images are not filling the screen. Portrait images are shifted down by about 1/3 of the screen and landscape images by about half the screen. As a result the images extend beyond the screen and no captions are visible. You cannot scroll down to see them or birng the image to the centre of the screen. This has been the case for some time (at least the last 2 updates of Firefox) so I am wondering if this is a bug in Firefox or if there is some tweak I could do to make it display correctly on this browser as well. I have not tested it on an iPhone. The site is www.oliver-ross.com .
Any ideas?
Many thanks
Oliver

Re: Layout problem on Android's Firefox browser

Both your galleries display and function fine in Mobile Safari on an iPod Touch so it looks like the problem may be isolated to Firefox on Android.
Does the problem occur when viewing one of our own demo galleries?
http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … es/modern/

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

I tried the example galleries and they have the same problem. I was able to test them also in Firefox on a larger 10'' tablet and strangely enough, there the problem does not occur. It is only present on the 7'' tablet and only on the Firefox browser. Weird.
Oliver

Thank you for checking and for reporting this issue.
The developers are aware of the issue and hopefully it will be fixed in the next version of SimpleViewer-Pro.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.