Topic: Simpleviewer my embeded code fails to load external url

Hi

First off I am not a programmer and I don't understand HTML code so hopefully this is something simple.

It all seems so easy but then!
I have set up a test and created an account with Flickr, I created a simple side show with svbuilder importing from flickr and it dutifully shows all the photos I uploaded to flickr. Then the problem starts.
When I press save it opens a new simpleviewer window in google chrome but then it just hangs
If I copy to clip board and past into a HTML box on my website
It says
2+36 – 63: failed to load external url simpleviewer.js
And it highlights “svcore/js/simpleviewer.js”

I checked my new account with flickr and I have set my flickr global settings to allow public access but as its a free account it says no-one has access to original files could it be that simple?

Look forwards to anyone that can help with this problem.

Re: Simpleviewer my embeded code fails to load external url

When I press save it opens a new simpleviewer window in google chrome but then it just hangs

Please see this FAQ:
My Flickr Gallery does not run on my local machine. Why?

failed to load external url simpleviewer.js

This sounds like you have not uploaded your gallery files to the correct location on your web server.
After creating your SimpleViewer gallery with svBuilder, please follow the embedding instructions here.

I checked my new account with flickr and I have set my flickr global settings to allow public access but as its a free account it says no-one has access to original files could it be that simple?

This is not a problem. SimpleViewer does not use your original files (unless you purchase SimpleViewer-Pro and set flickrImageSize="ORIGINAL").

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven

OK I can probably follow the instructions on how to run on my pc.

2nd problem, you are correct I have not copied the gallery files, I have to admit to not knowing how to put this type of file on my webpage without the files appearing as files to view? I have had a play with it but they appear as a file to the viewer of the page.

Please take a look at the webpage and try to explain in laymen's terms how to correctly put the simpleviewer folder on the website?
https://sites.google.com/site/levineartgbbo00/

thanks

Google Sites is not a regular web host and does not offer the ability to upload files and folders to the web space that they provide via FTP.
You would need to host your gallery elsewhere (for example on a regular web server or on a file sharing site such as Dropbox) and embed your SimpleViewer gallery in your Google Sites web page following the Embedding in a Web Template Site instructions.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.