Topic: Flickr set in WP version and gallery images

Hey there, glad to see you have an html5 version. I have two questions.

with the pro version, I'm guessing I can use flickr sets?

with the free version, when I tried to set up a gallery with existing images already in my media library, i didn't see a way to do this. Can I use images that I've already uploaded with the pro version or free version? Do I have to upload the images again?

I'm using SV on a page, not a post. Does that matter?

Also, if I don't use flash (I want this to work on iPads) does my gallery look different? I just unclicked flash and now all my images show AND I don't have the thumbnails.

thanks

Last edited by janjan32 (2013-05-17 05:26:12)

Re: Flickr set in WP version and gallery images

with the pro version, I'm guessing I can use flickr sets?

Yes. SimpleViewer-Pro gives you access to all the Flickr configuration options here including flickrSetId.

with the free version, when I tried to set up a gallery with existing images already in my media library, i didn't see a way to do this. Can I use images that I've already uploaded with the pro version or free version? Do I have to upload the images again?

If you want to use existing images from your Media Library in a WP-SimpleViewer gallery, then you will need to go into your Media Library and attach the images to the page or post containing your gallery.
Please note that WordPress allows you to attach each image to only one page or post so if your images are already attached to other pages or posts, then you will need to upload them again.

I'm using SV on a page, not a post. Does that matter?

No. This makes no difference.

Also, if I don't use flash (I want this to work on iPads) does my gallery look different?

Yes. Please see this FAQ:
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?
The Mobile Player has fewer configuration options available than the Flash Player.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.