Topic: xml not found on smaller screens

Help, have put simpleviewer on wp pages. It works a charm in all three browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome) on my home computer, but on another computer in the house using the same browser it says xml not found. That computer has a smaller screen. Also it says xml not found on my android device, also small screen. I  need to have the galleries active and accessible, as I have a B and B. Very important. What can I do??? Please help!

Re: xml not found on smaller screens

If you use an absolute paths within your embedding code, make sure that you access your web page using the same domain or subdomain used in the paths.
All the gallery files must be on the same domain or subdomain as the web page containing the embedding code due to the JavaScript same-origin policy.
For example, if you use a baseURL such as http://www.example.com/gallery/, then your gallery will display if you access your web page using the www.example.com subdomain but will fail if you access your web page using just the main example.com domain.
If this is the case, then try using relative paths within your embedding code.
If this is not the case, then please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi,
All was OK when I was working in ancient dreamweaver 4 with html, but now all the code stuff is greek to me, and I am way lost!!! Am using a wp theme now, and don't really understand how it all works, so any help you can give me is hugely appreciated!  smile
My website is
www.tschurtschenthalerlodge.com
There are four pages under the Photo gallery title on the top menu.
Thanks so much for looking!

Last edited by Sallyee (2013-05-25 22:31:45)

Hi again,
I changed the url, and now I get the thumbnails, but no main image.?? If I click on the thumbnails a very large image will appear, but that is not what it should do... any ideas?
also the colored border doesn't come up, just a white one.
Here is my code:
<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<div align="top">

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tschurtschenthalerlodge.com/wp-content/uploads/Gallery Snug/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
var flashvars = {}; flashvars.baseURL = "http://tschurtschenthalerlodge.com/wp-content/uploads/Gallery Snug/"; simpleviewer.ready(function () { simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "900", "9933FF", true, flashvars); });
// ]]></script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

</div>

Last edited by Sallyee (2013-05-26 04:45:15)

I changed the url, and now I get the thumbnails, but no main image.?? If I click on the thumbnails a very large image will appear, but that is not what it should do... any ideas?

What you are describing is the Mobile Player (which is used to display the gallery on mobile devices and in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled).
Please see the following FAQs for details:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you so much, Now it is working, and I understand the mobile thing. Super. I have no more worries!!
Thank you, thank you thank you!
S