Topic: Issue: fullscreen

Hi,

I created a Joomla Website: www.aardplan.be. My homepage is an article where I posted the Simpleviewer link. It is a viewer with one big picture and several tumbnails beneath it. In Simpleviewer, I adjusted the width and heigth to 100%.
I also adapted the code in my home article (width 100% and height 100%). When doing so, my home page shows only my tumbnails and a tiny picture above it.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? When I preview the viewer in a browser, everything seems to work fine. The problems start when importing in a Joomla article.

Thank you so much.

Steffie

Re: Issue: fullscreen

As you are expressing your gallery's height as a percentage, then all parent containers of the gallery must have a height specified via CSS (such as described in this FAQ). If your Joomla page does not explicitly set heights for all containers, then perhaps the easiest solution would be to set your gallery's height as a fixed pixel value.

I cannot currently view your web page as a Username and Password are required but hopefully my suggestion above will help you to resolve your problem.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

I tried to set a fixed height. This works perfectly.
The thing is that I would like to have a photo viewer that adapts its height when the browser is resized. Is there any way to achieve this?
You still can take a look: www.aardplan.be (the website is public now).

Best,
Steffie

In order for a gallery's height to change dynamically with the user's browser window, you would need to express your gallery's height as a percentage (of its parent container). You would also need to ensure that all parent containers are given heights via CSS and that these heights are all percentages, too. If there is a fixed value anywhere up the chain, then the gallery's height will become fixed, e.g. 100% x 100% x 600px = 600px.

A standard Joomla page is not designed to resize all the content within the available browser window height. Elements on the page usually have a fixed height (and a vertical scrollbar appears, if necessary, to allow users to view all the content), so giving your gallery a fixed height is perhaps the best solution.

Otherwise, you would need to implement something like the 'View Vertical Resizable Gallery with Header Example' example here, whereby JavaScript is used to calculate the height of the browser window, subtract the fixed heights of the header and footer and allocate the remainder to the gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Oke, thank you very much Steven. I will try the things you said!

Best,
Steffie