Topic: TiltViewer requires JavaScript and the latest Flash Player - ERROR

Hello Tiltviewer Forum,

I have generated a Tiltviewer gallery in Photoshop CS4 using the 'airtight_CS4_scripts.mxp'
Tested the gallery on my local computer and everything was working as expected.

I then uploaded all necessary files to my server here :  http://www.smplwrdprs01.com/3DGallery/gallery.html
and now I am only able to view the Javascript error message.

I currently have the latest version of Flashplayer installed - and my browser 'Chrome' is configured to view javascript.
The html file is calling the '<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>' and the 'swfobject.js' is in the correct location however the page renders incorrectly when hosted. Why?

I reviewed the earlier post from KPep titled - 'TiltViewer requires flash player - go here to install' Problem
but did not understand what was meant when :

"2013-03-16 06:28:28
All the code within your gallery's 'index.html' page here: http://katiepeplowdesign.co.uk/designGallery/index.html
... is on a single line with no line feeds to separate the lines of code.
The first comment in the JavaScript code is likely to be commenting out all the remaining JavaScript code on the page.
Place each line of code on an individual line with a line feed/carriage return at the end and your gallery should display OK."

I have compared the source html for her page listed above and mine at : http://www.smplwrdprs01.com/3DGallery/gallery.html
and both pages are being rendered incorrectly by the browser. But the source 'gallery.html' file that I am uploading via FTP to my server has all lines separated out as would be expected.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Re: TiltViewer requires JavaScript and the latest Flash Player - ERROR

The problem is, indeed, that your web page's entire code (all the HTML, CSS and JavaScript) is all on a single line with no line feeds/carriage returns separating any of the instructions and the first comment in the JavaScript section is commenting out the remainder of the JavaScript code.
If your web page contains line feeds/carriage returns before you upload it to your web server then the problem is likely to be happening either during upload (due to your FTP file transfer) or after upload (on your web server).
Try uploading your 'gallery.html' file using a dedicated FTP program such as Filezilla. Setting the 'Transfer -> Transfer type' to 'AUTO' (rather than explicitly specifying either ASCII or Binary) should be fine but you could try the other transfer types if necessary. If this still does not work, then a workaround would be to remove all the comments from the JavaScript section of your web page (all the lines which start with '//').
Otherwise, you may need to contact your web host to find out if they modify or compress your web page once it has been uploaded and to ask if this functionality can be disabled from your account.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: TiltViewer requires JavaScript and the latest Flash Player - ERROR

Awesome Steven!
Hit it right on the head - I logged directly into the cPanel and uploaded there.
I was previously using FileZilla with my Transfer type set to 'Auto'.

It appeared that not only my gallery.html file changed but the js and swf files as well through uploading with FileZilla this way.
Anyhow, happy to have it all working - and not going mental anymore!

Thanks!