Topic: Gallery XML not found

I'm fairly frustrated about this, because there doesn't seem to be a "sticky" topic on this problem. It seems enough people have this issue as to warrant its own thread.

Anyway... enough ranting.

I am building an ASP.NET web site and using Simple Viewer 2.3.1
The gallery seems to publish fine. I place the embed code in the .aspx page and when I run it, I get the "Gallery XML not found" message where the gallery should appear. It's not a browser issue, as I get the same result in Firefox, IE, and Safari (actually, I don't get the "Gallery XML not found" message in Safari - the gallery just doesn't appear).

I've followed the suggestion of pointing to the gallery.xml using suggested flash vars:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="Galleries/CasaSerafina/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars={};
    flashvars.galleryURL="http://www.webbishy.com/sandbox/CasaSerafina/Temp/gallery.xml";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true, null, null, null, true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

I thought maybe it was a Visual Studio issue, so I compiled the site to my server to see if it would run properly. Still get the error message.

gallery.xml is the only file in the Temp folder on the webbishy server.

Any ideas?

Re: Gallery XML not found

Sorry, here's the address to the page:

http://www.webbishy.com/sandbox/CasaSer … llery.aspx

Your 'flashvars' variable is not being used. It should be the sixth parameter in the simpleviewer.load() line, i.e.:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true, flashvars, null, null, true);

Please see the Embed Code Parameters section for details.

Also, check the location of your gallery's XML file.
When I go to your galleryURL (http://www.webbishy.com/sandbox/CasaSer … allery.xml) directly in a browser, an error 404 (file not found) message is displayed.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steve,

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

My bad about the URL to the gallery.xml file.  I had deleted the Temp folder during a cleanup of a previous compilation to the server.  But as you can see, it's there now.

Still having trouble.  Now just seeing White "X"s where the thumbs and main image should be. Do any changes need to be made to any of the files in the gallery svcore?

Okay...

I discovered that I needed to change the image URLs in the gallery.xml file. Evidently, if one does not use the root of the web page for the sv gallery, one needs to change URLs not only the gallery.xml location, but to the images as well.

Working now.

Thanks!

I am glad that you have solved your problem. Thank you for posting back to let me know.

All relative paths with the XML file (the imageURLs, thumbURLs and linkURLs) are relative to the HTML page containing the gallery's embedding code (not the XML file itself) unless a baseURL is used (in which case all relative paths are relative to the baseURL).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.