Topic: Flickr ID not found?

I've just down loaded the free version of SV with the intention of buying the pro version after trying it out to see that I like it.

The problem I'm having is, when I tell SV to pull from my flickr account it says ID not found.
I've read all the other posts with this problem, and already checked that I'm using the correct ID and that my age is correct.

I have been using Cool Iris as my gallery generator for sometime and it has no problem pulling from flickr.

user ID: photosby13

Photo stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/photosby13/

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Flickr ID not found?

Ive also just tried Juice Box and it wont work on there either

I have just tried using your Flickr user name ('photosby13') in svBuilder (and svBuilder-Pro, JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro) and your Flickr images load fine (in all applications).
If you are copying and pasting your Flickr user name, make sure that you are not inadvertently copying a space before the user name which would prevent the user name from being found.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steve,

thanks for the reply. I'm not pasting in my id I'm typing it in. could it be an install problem or a setting on my computer causing the issue?

Try entering a different Flickr User Name (such as '7stripes') to see if the problem lies with your own user name or with all user names. I suspect it is with all user names as your images load fine on my own installation of svBuilder.
Check your computer's firewall settings to ensure that svBuilder has access to the internet.

Steven Speirs

I tried your user name, no dice.
I completely disabled my firewall, still cant find the flickr ID

I have just tried your Flickr User Name again and it works for me, displaying your images as expected so there appears to be no problem with your Flickr account.
If you cannot access anyone's Flickr images (yours or mine) within svBuilder, then there appears to be a problem with the application accessing Flickr's servers (or, more likely, the internet as a whole) on your computer.
Do you have any other security software installed that might be preventing svBuilder access to the internet?
The problem certainly seems to be specific to your own system rather than with svBuilder (which, given access to the internet, is known to work OK) or your Flickr account.

Perhaps you could create a gallery using 'Local' rather than 'Flickr' as the 'Image Source' (adding a dummy image to the gallery just to allow you to move on to the 'Customize' tab).
Then, after saving the gallery on the 'Publish' tab, open the gallery's 'gallery.xml' file in a plain text editor and add your Flickr configuration options manually as attributes to the opening <simpleviewergallery> tag.

useFlickr="TRUE"
flickrUserName="photosby13"
Steven Speirs

thanks I'll try that I'll also try it from a different computer