Topic: Photoshop Script does not install simpleviewer.swf in folder

I recently updated to Photoshop CS6 and updated to SimpleViewer 2.3.1. The script does not install the simpleviewer.swf file in the folder and I have to add it manually each time to make it work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA!

Re: Photoshop Script does not install simpleviewer.swf in folder

Make sure that you are using the latest version of the SimpleViewer template for Photoshop (which you can download from this web page) and, once installed, make sure that the 'simpleviewer.swf' file is in the following folder:
Mac: Applications\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Presets\Scripts\SimpleViewer\svcore\swf\
Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Presets\Scripts\SimpleViewer\svcore\swf\

If it is not there (it should be) you can copy and paste the 'simpleviewer.swf' file from the SimpleViewer-Standard download zip package ('simpleviewer_231/web/svcore/swf/simpleviewer.swf') into this location.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the response - the install was good and the .swf file was where it was supposed to be. The new script uses new code in the .html file:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', true);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

I manage a web archive with this script and have to copy my old code from month to month:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
    <script src="../SpryAssets/SpryTabbedPanels.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.bgcolor = "222222";
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "100%", "100%", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

I tried replacing the whole block of 3 scripts with the new scripts code - but it doesn't work. I updated the addy to svcore/swf/simpleviewer.swf and voila! - BUT - would it be better to incorporate the new script's code? Replacing it all outright doesn't work.

thanks!

would it be better to incorporate the new script's code?

The current Photoshop template uses the latest version of SimpleViewer (v2.3.1) which features Universal Playback and, in order to do so, requires a number of different files all stored in the 'svcore' folder .
Your current embedding code embeds just a single SWF file directly in your web page and your version of SimpleViewer (likely to be prior to v2.1.0) will not use the Mobile Player to display your galleries on mobile devices and in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and activated.

Replacing it all outright doesn't work.

If you want to embed a SimpleViewer gallery in an existing web page alongside other content, then you can follow the embedding instructions here (creating the gallery with Photoshop rather than svBuilder in Step #1).
Otherwise, you could upload the entire gallery folder to your web server (rather than just the contents) and embed your gallery using the baseURL method documented here.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.