Topic: Firefox and IE - Relative Paths

Ok, I'm not sure what's wrong with the forum software but my last thread isn't displaying, sorry for the double post.

anyway...

Hello all, I'm sure someone out there can help me out with this one.

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/~trillium … mira3.html

The above page works fine under IE but will not load in Firefox. THE THUMBS AND THE VIEWER LOAD FINE in Firefox, this is not a Flash compatiblity problem as far as I can tell.

I believe the problem is related to relative paths, but then again, I also tried having the images in the default "images" folder and they still didn't load in Firefox.  :shock: (I'm assuming that this is because the page just isn't refreshing properly? I dunno...)

The main images are located in the same directory as the HTML file and the thumbs are located in the default "thumbs" folder.

I editted the "gallery.xml" file so that the imagePath reads "./".

The "viewer.swf" and "swfobject.js" files are located in the folder one up from the HTML fold and are referenced without problem using relative addresses as you can see.

The whole setup works fine in both Firefox & IE locally, just not when it's uploaded... is this a Unix issue or something?!

Can someone please help? Thanks smile

Re: Firefox and IE - Relative Paths

it is working fine here in FF and IE6 , flash player 9

do u have updated flash players in both browsers?

clearing your cache ?

Richard
who is from Gowanda , right side of your map  lol

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Re: Firefox and IE - Relative Paths

it is working fine here in FF and IE6 , flash player 9

do u have updated flash players in both browsers?

clearing your cache ?

Richard
who is from Gowanda , right side of your map  lol

lol, I dunno, those crazy Western New York places...

Yeah it just started working, it probably was FF caching stuff and then clearing on its own.

Thanks for your help! big_smile