Topic: Simple Viewer Pro in Wordpress

I've purchased the pro version, is there a (dummies) step by step guide to getting it to work on a wordpress site? I've been trying all day and can't get it right. How do I get what I create in the app to appear on my site? I've also tried using Picasa albums and just get 'no images specified in gallery xml'.

Re: Simple Viewer Pro in Wordpress

If you are using WP-SimpleViewer (the dedicated SimpleViewer plugin for WordPress), instructions for use can be found here.

If you want to manually embed a SimpleViewer gallery (perhaps one that you have created in svBuilder-Pro) in a WordPress page or post, you can upload the complete gallery folder to your web server and then embed the gallery using the baseURL method of embedding documented here.
Just make sure, when entering the embedding code into the body of your page or post, that the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual'.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

I've also tried using Picasa albums and just get 'no images specified in gallery xml'.

This sounds like you may have entered an incorrect Picasa User Id or Album Name into the WP-SimpleViewer gallery settings window.
To test the functionality of the Picasa Web Album source, try entering:
Picasa User Id: picasateam
Picasa Album Name: VegasWeekend

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for that, I got the picasa one working after changing the album names. 2 quick questions - how do I remove the simple viewer logo from the gallery. 2. If I add images on picasa, will they be automatically updated in the gallery?

how do I remove the simple viewer logo from the gallery.

Upgrade WP-SimpleViewer from SimpleViewer-Standard (which it comes bundled with) to SimpleViewer-Pro by following the Upgrading to SimpleViewer-Pro instructions. This will remove the SimpleViewer badge/link from the bottom right corner of the gallery. It will also lift the 50-image per gallery limit and allow you to enter Pro configuration options in the Pro Options text area in the gallery settings window.

If I add images on picasa, will they be automatically updated in the gallery?

Yes. If you source your gallery with a Picasa Web Album and add images to your Web Album, then the images will automatically be included in your WP-SimpleViewer gallery without the need to modify any gallery files (although you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery in order to see the new images).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.