Topic: 1 instance of simpleviewer but multiple galleries?

Is this possible? I find that if I have 30 galleries, I need 30 instances of simpleviewer, 1 in each gallery. This takes up a lot of space!

Re: 1 instance of simpleviewer but multiple galleries?

Since the SimpleViewer SWF is only 12k, you are not adding much extra file size by replicating the SWF for each gallery.

It is possible to use 1 swf for multiple galleries, but it's slightly more complicated. Here's how:

- create a viewer folder. Add viewer.swf in here.
- create a subfolder for each gallery called gal1 to galX. In each subfolder add your thumbs and images folders and the correct imageData.xml. In each imageData.xml you need to add the following values (where galX is the name of your gallery subfolder):

imagePath="galX/images/" thumbPath="galX/thumbs/"

- In the viewer folder, create a HTML file for each gallery. Make copies of index.html and add the following line (where galX is the name of your gallery subfolder):

fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "galX/imageData.xml");

- create a menu page to navigate between your galleries. This file can go anywhere. Each link on the menu page should point to one of the gallery HTML pages.

Check here for additional information: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … omize.html

If you want to use only 1 HTML page, you can use PHP or similar to generate the HTML page dynamically based on queryValues passed in on your menu links.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Where exactly in the index.html do you have to add

fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "galX/imageData.xml");

I can't make it work...

Add it after this line:

fo.addParam("quality", "best");
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Oh, I see. I worked with an older index.html where there are no fo.add-lines... In the new index.html it's obvious where you have to put that line. Sorry...  :oops: