Topic: Setup issue

Hello,

I try to re-install simpleviewer pro 2.20 on my PC but there is an issue. Error is in french but here is my translation: Installation file is damaged. Try to get a new one with the editor.

So, what can I do ? Is it possible to get a new install file ?

Thanks & regards
David

Re: Setup issue

There is unlikely to be a problem with the installation file itself (especially if you were able to unzip the SimpleViewer-Pro download zip package without any errors).

In order to re-install a new version of svBuilder-Pro, it is necessary to first uninstall any previous version.

Please see the Installation Issues in the svBuilder-Pro User Guide for further suggestions with regard to the error message that you have received.

Also, as a SimpleViewer-Pro v2.x user, you could download and install the latest version of svBuilder-Pro (v2.3.1) by following the instructions on the Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro page.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hy,

today I bought SV v2.3.1 for the first time and have no previous sv Software installed. I get the same error message the the Software can't be installed since the installation file seems to be corrupt. This is at least what the installation routine tells me. I checked all the upgrade tips etc. but it doesn't work. I am using W7 64Bit.

Thanks,
Eric

@exe1969

If you encountered no errors extracting SimpleViewer-Pro zip file, then it is unlikely that the svBuilder-Pro installation file is actually damaged or corrupt.

If the Installation Issues in the svBuilder-Pro User Guide do not help, then please try the following suggestions:

(1) Make sure that there is no trace of svBuilder-Pro on your system (perhaps from a failed install attempt) before trying to install the application again. If there is an entry in your Control Panel's 'Uninstall a program' list, please use it to uninstall whatever files exist. Otherwise, try manually deleting the following folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\svBuilder-Pro
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder-Pro
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\svBuilder-Pro
C:\Users\your_username\My Documents\svBuilder-Pro

(2) Make sure that your version of Adobe AIR is up-to-date. The current version is v13.0 and can be downloaded from here.

(3) Make sure that you are logged in with an administrative account when you install and run both Adobe AIR and svBuilder-Pro.

(4) Try creating a new administrative user account and install svBuilder-Pro from there to see if this helps.

Hopefully one of the suggestions above will help.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.