Topic: Embed Gallery Questions

I have 3 questions.

1. I embedded my gallery in blogger but when I open to the index page there is alot of white space between the top of the page and the photos, is there a way to adjust that so that the index page photos are at the top?

http://blog.creativestitchesdesign.com/ … esign.html

2. On my website is there a way to not have a gallery show up on the index page? For example I would like one of the galleries to show up on my home page where I embed it, but I don't want it to show up on the index page.

It is showing up now as 'front page" here http://creativestitchesdesign.com/gallery.htm

3. Finally, is there a way to have a frame around the photos in the gallery that stays static and does not fade or transition with the photos? Sort of like a picture frame that has photos inside that change, not the picture frame itself.

Thanks from a newbie!
Kathleen

Re: Embed Gallery Questions

1. I embedded my gallery in blogger but when I open to the index page there is alot of white space between the top of the page and the photos, is there a way to adjust that so that the index page photos are at the top?

The gap is the header on your index page here: http://creativestitchesdesign.com/svgallery/index.php
It is actually the <h1> element on the web page at the top of the <div id="wrapper">.
The <h1> element contains the text "Design Portfolio" which is not visible as it is the same color as the background of your page (white). Open the page in a plain text editor, remove the following code and the gap should be reduced.

<h1>Design Portfolio</h1>

2. On my website is there a way to not have a gallery show up on the index page? For example I would like one of the galleries to show up on my home page where I embed it, but I don't want it to show up on the index page.

This could be achieved by modifying the Index Page routine in the 'svgallery/classes/indexpage.php' file to skip over certain specified galleries. Open the file in a plain text editor and, at the start of the makeTable function on line 75, replace:

$nGalleries = count($galleriesData);
$rows = ceil($nGalleries/$columns);
$keys = array_keys($galleriesData);

... with:

$skip = array(1, 3, 4);
$nGalleries = count($galleriesData) - count($skip);
$rows = ceil($nGalleries/$columns);
$full = array_keys($galleriesData);
for ($x=0; $x<count($skip); $x++) {
    unset($full[$skip[$x] - 1]);
}
$keys = array_values($full);

In the code, you would specify which galleries to not be listed on the index page in the $skip = array(1, 3, 4); line. This example would skip over galleries 'g1', 'g3' and 'g4'. If, for example, you just wanted to skip over a single gallery (e.g. 'g6'), then you would use $skip = array(6);
Please note that the line number above refers to the most recent version of svManager (v1.8.5).

3. Finally, is there a way to have a frame around the photos in the gallery that stays static and does not fade or transition with the photos? Sort of like a picture frame that has photos inside that change, not the picture frame itself.

Not all of your images are the same shape and size so, if the frame fit around each image exactly, then when navigating between images, the size of the frame itself would have to change.
It would not be possible to create and use a static oversize frame within which images of different sizes could be displayed.
If all your images were the same size, you could set a border for your images (using SimpleViewer's frameWidth and frameColor configuration options) and set the imageTransitionType to either CROSS_FADE or NONE so that the frame never moves or disappears from view and is always visible in the same place in the user's browser window between image transitions.
Otherwise, you could add a custom frame to each of your images in an imaging program such as Photoshop (so that the frame becomes part of the image itself) and then feed these images to SimpleViewer.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you I figured out those code changes, one more question has now arisen. On my main page I have a photo in the middle and text underneath that starts "Thank you for Visiting My Creative Sewing and Design Studio!".

When I replaced the static photo with the embed gallery I wanted to use, there was a lot of white space in between the bottom of the gallery and the beginning of the text. Can this be adjusted so that the text is right below the gallery? Thank you in advance, Kathleen
www.creativestitchesdesign.com

Currently, the gap between the image and the "Thank You..." text is caused by the following code (essentially a blank <p> tag with a <br /> line break) on your web page.

<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #785c3e; font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino; font-size: x-large;"><br /></span></p>

Remove this code from your web page and the gap should be reduced.

Once you replace the image with the gallery you would like to use, if you still have space at the bottom of the gallery that you would like to reduce in size, then please see the 'Layout Troubleshooting' section of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide' which deals with the question:
I have extra spacing in my gallery. How do I get rid of it?

Steven Speirs

Ok, got it figured out! Hopefully these are my last questions. Is there a setting so that the first slide automatically loads after the last one, sort of like a loop for the photos? And is there a way to remove the arrow on the slide for the next photo and back photo?
Thanks.

Is there a setting so that the first slide automatically loads after the last one, sort of like a loop for the photos?

Set enableLooping="TRUE" (in the svManager 'Edit -> Pro -> General' section).

And is there a way to remove the arrow on the slide for the next photo and back photo?

Set showImageNav="NEVER" (in the svManager 'Edit -> Pro -> Image Overlay' section).

Steven Speirs

That was super easy, thanks so much! I know my gallery is simple, but I feel like a pro, you have been so helpful!

You're welcome!

Steven Speirs