Topic: Gallery doesn't load when using audio

Hello,

I recently purchased Simpleviewer Pro v 2.3.1 and it works great except for one issue.

When building a gallery in svBuilder-pro and using audio (with an absolute URL) the audio plays just fine as long as I am in svBuilder-pro.

When I save the gallery and open in it my browser (tried Firefox 23.0.1 and Chrome 28.0.1500.95 m) the gallery doesn't even load. All I see is the progress bar in the middle of my screen and that's it. Simpleviewer seems to hang.

First I thought my relatively slow (2 mbit) internet connection was to blame, but even waiting for several minutes does not fix my problem. And in svBuilder the audio started to play almost immediately after entering the URL.

Any ideas? Searching the forum did not show anything useful as far as I can tell.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Benjamin

Re: Gallery doesn't load when using audio

Make sure that the absolute URL you use for your audioURL is in the form http://www.exmple.com/audio.mp3 and that your audio file size is not excessively large. If the audio file is several MB in size, then it could take a while for a browser to download it once it is uploaded to a web server (although "several minutes" sounds a little too long assuming your audio file is not huge).
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

The audioURL ist in the right form as the audio plays just fine als long as I'm in svBuilder-pro. The file is about 6,5 Megabytes in size. I will try using a smaller file as soon as possible, but this will take a little time.

I will report back as soon as I can.

OK. As I mentioned, if you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs

Ok, this is interesting (at least for me...  tongue ):

I replaced the 6 MB mp3 file with a much smaller one (less than 400 kb) and as before everything worked fine in svBuilder-pro.

After saving my gallery to hard disk and trying to watch it locally with Firefox, it still didn't work.

After uploading it to my webspace and watching it "online", everything worked like a charm... but not when opening it locally.

If your audioURL is defined as an absolute URL (in the form http://www.example.com/audio/track01.mp3), then the audio track will not play locally and will play only when the gallery is uploaded to a web server (due to a Flash security restriction).
The audio will play locally if your audioURL is defined as a relative URL (in the form audio/track01.mp3).

Steven Speirs

Ok, mea culpa  smile That's not something I thought about.

Thank you for your help and keep up the good work!